1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ruger LCR

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 21bravo, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

I'd say it has potential for a very practical carry revolver.
  3. polamalu43

polamalu43 Member

I got one a few months back, as a nightstand gun for my wife. At first, I really loved shooting it. Now, it sometimes becomes a bit aggravating. After firing a few rounds, it becomes uncomfortable to shoot. Plus, I am really puzzled as to why I am so extremely inaccurate with this gun. I can't hit squat with this dang thing. I might as well throw it at a bad guy, because I sure wouldn't hit him with a round. I shoot Federal 115 gr. FMJ or Remington UMC at the range. Could that be a problem?
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I bought mine in 10/09 and even though I haven't fired it a lot, I have not had any real problems with it. I seem to think it is as accurate as any 2 inch barrel can be. It is not real accurate at 25 yards.

The only problem I have had is that while shooting it one day, the "ejector" unscrewed and I could not get the cylinder to open. Once I figgured it out and screwed the thing back in, I'v had no other problems with it at all.
  5. Buckshot

Buckshot Active Member

I've read several reviews that indicate the polymer portions do a very good job of attenuating felt recoil, making the LCR a little more enjoyable to shoot than some of the other very lightweight snubbies, like the Scandium Smiths. It shor is butt-ugly though.
  6. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Had the LCR .38 with CR grips and hi-viz front sight. Shoots great and is very light. Sold it and just bought the LCR .357. No CT grips but did add the Hi-Viz. Also is a good shooter and my wife has once again, claimed it for herself.