Ruger Mark II feeding problem.

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by bluesea112, Nov 17, 2008.

1. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I have a Ruger Mark II .22 lr pistol and I am having a problem with the cartridges not feeding correctly. I fire the first shot and the second cartridge doesn't feed into the chamber. The 2nd cartridge seems to push up too high because when the bolt closes it stands the cartridge straigh up. It jams shut on the unfired cartridge half way out of the chamber with the bullet pointing towards the sky.

Has anybody had this problem before?

Thanks,

Bluesea112
  2. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

I have this problem only once in a while, and it is the ammo. It only does it with those lousy Remington Thuderbolts. It is not very often but what happens is the first round is a dud and does not eject, then the second round tries to feed and jams. I would say try changing your ammo. Although its not the best ammo in the world, I have had no issues with Federals. I also own a MK II. Great gun.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I agree. Change your ammo and try again (22s are notorious for being ammo sensitive) and if that don't work, try a different magazine. It is most likely one or the other.
  4. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Funny you mentioned Remington Thunderbolts, because that is exactly what I was using. I will give Federal a try and see how it works. That would be an easier fix that I had hoped for.

Thanks for your help guys. I really appreciate it!

bluesea112
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

+1 on checking the magazine.

Art