1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ruger Mark III Competition model

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Rugermanws, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

Can anyone tell me if the trigger or accuracy is different between the competition model and the hunter model. I know the barrels, sights, and grips are different but is the competition model any more accurate. By the name I would like it would be but that's just a guess. Anyone that would know I'd like your advise on these matters.
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Same pistol, different name.

Replace the trigger with one from Power Custom or Volquartzen.
  3. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

Thanks Shooter45, I like the slabside because I want to have enscribed " In memory of Dad June 7, 2011" . I buried him with his favorite Ruger hat in the casket, I miss him dearly.
  4. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

If you replace the Mark lll hammer bushing with a Mark ll, remove the magazine safety and polish the hammer and sear a little you will have one of the best triggers. It even beats the Mark ll competition. I have the M.ll Comp. and the M.lll Hunter. I always thought I couldn't beat the trigger on my M.ll but after doing the above I did. The M.lll is now "THE BEST"!!!!
  5. herohog

herohog New Member

Everything you need to make it into a full blown competition gun with a FANTASTIC trigger and it will eject magazines as it should! My trigger is right at 1 pound and has a minute amount of take-up, no creep, breaks like a glass rod and has no over-travel.

Product: Volquartsen Accurizing Kit MK III - Silver
    Product Code: VC3AK-S
    Price: $92.50

Product: Volquartsen Bolt Tune-Up Kit Ruger MKI, MKII, MKIII
    Product Code: VC3FE
    Price: $27.95

Sam's (sg552-2) Hammer Bushing: $10US Shipped. send cash, or an international money order.
    Sam [sg552.2@gmail.com], Sam is a regular on RimfireCentral.com

LCI Cover from bpatza at RFC:
    Shipment once per wk. Preferred payment money order, others excepted, no problem so far.
    Send payment with request to Bruce patza, N863 lawn Rd, Seymour WI. 54165.
    Regular stainless steel, $18.00 with tracking $19.00
    Beadblasted stainless, $19.00 " " $20.00
    Hot Blued carbon steel, $21.00 " " $22.00
    Shipping to the lower 48 encluded
    Set screw, allen wrench, 220 gr. alum.oxide for minor fitting, instruction info. encluded.
    please add your contact information so I can contact you if there is a problem or question with your order
    Just a note, bead blasted is NOT a factory finish on ruger MKs. It is an aftermarket finish.
    Matte blued for the new ruger barrel is ready to go for$22 or $23 with tracking

bpatza is a regular on RimfireCentral.com

[​IMG]
  6. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

That looks too good to shoot. Maybe I should buy the Stainless Bull Barrell, save the extra money and have this done since the trigger on the competition isn't anything special.
  7. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I spent less than $10.00 on the hammer bushing from midwayusa and like I said it is a great trigger. The guy's from work that I did this for are extremely happy with theirs.
  8. herohog

herohog New Member

Do the trigger 1st! It costs less than the barrel and will offer a greater improvement in performance. Those fancy barrels rarely tighten up groups a whole heck of a lot in comparison.