Ruger Mark III - pictures of the bolt

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by thesoze, Apr 5, 2009.

1. thesoze

thesoze New Member

Hey there,

I'm new here but I wanted to ask you if anyone had any pictures of the Ruger Mark III bolt (or any Ruger pistol bolt)? I have googled it and found some, but none of them appear to show the front or bottom of the bolt.

Is there anyone here who has a Ruger pistol and would be able to take clear pictures of the bolt for me? I would really appreciate it.
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Why? I am not being mean but I'd kinda like to know?
  3. thesoze

thesoze New Member

No worries, it's a fair question :)

I'm doing a 3D CAD project (solidworks/sketchup), based on modeling a fairly complex device (a Ruger pistol) without having held one. The model is simply based on pictures of the Ruger Mark I/II/III found on google.

The only problem is, I can't find any pictures showing the front or bottom of the bolt. My design (the one I use now) is my best guess of what the bolt looks like, but I wanted to compare it to the original bolt design.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Hmmmm I've never completely dis-assembled my Standard. If I had a bit more time, I'd get some pictures for you. I'm running pretty ragged getting my first art galllery showing up, right now.

Pops
  5. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Dont know if these are going to work for what you need but here goes the first will be the front of the bolt the second will be the bottom the third will be the top these are from a markIII

Attached Files:

6. thesoze

thesoze New Member

Thanks, that would be great if you had the time :) btw, what kind of art-gallery are you setting up? :)
  7. thesoze

thesoze New Member

Thank you so much! Those pictures actually helped me understand how the top half of the front of the bolt works. I was wondering how the firing pin was held down, but from your pictures I see that it's done by the spring frame at the front.

I still don't perfectly understand the bottom half of the bolt. Also, is the extractor at a 90° angle from the firing pin, does anyone know that? From the pictures the angle looks like it's less than that.

Thanks again, those pictures were great :)
  8. artabr

artabr New Member

Thesoze, here is a link with a schematic for the MKII series of pistols. The bolts are pretty close to the same, they may in fact be exactly the same, I'm not sure.
    If you look at the drawing you'll see that pt.#16(roll pin) holds pt.#14(firing pin) in place.
    Underneath and in front of the firing pin are pt's. #15(firing pin rebound spring) and #40(rebound spring support).
    Pt. #40 sits on a ledge that is cut into the bolt. One end of Pt. #15 fits onto a leg of pt. #40. The other end of pt. #15 rest against the 90° face at the bottom front of the firing pin.
    Also in the bolt are pt.#70(extractor spring), then pt.#69(extractor plunger) which holds pt.# 11(extractor) in place.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/sc...n=Ruger®&model=Mark II .22 Standard & Target

I hope this will be of some help to you.

Art
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  9. thesoze

thesoze New Member

Thank you for that information :)