Ruger Mark Series and Standard Models

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by ozo, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Hey Todd, it goes from 1-5 moa on both the red and green and is 1x42mm.
    I didnt know that til after I'd gotten it home. On the 1 (one) position, you can barely see them. (red/green)
    On the 5, it'll cove a pop can up at about 30yds or so.
    It's a bit more bulky than I like, but spot on. And for the price $41, I like it.
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

That 1 moa dot sounds nice and would allow some target shooting at distance. My dot would flare so much it covered the entire target at any thing past 25 yards. Now with the tape mods I have a much smaller dot. Talk about balky, that 4x scope I put on the Hunter make it a "use a rest" only pistol. Don't know if I will keep in on there or not but I want to play with it a 100 yards for a while before I change any thing.

See where Burris now makes a FastFire III with manual adjustment on the intensity. Wish they had done that from the beginning.
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I'd seen the thread Todd a while back to where you used the tape to cut down on yours, and excellent idea! I had a pistol scope on a Ruger SB .44mag some time back and ohh man, the weight of the gun was enough and to hold the cross hars on was another.
    Your Hunter looks awesome with the scope, but I'm sorta like you and the bulky/weight thing.
    I like my Mk III with open sights and do "alright" but with those dots in there...went from missing a bit to almost no misses on a small target. I'll have to check out the newer Fastfire III!
  4. A square 10

A square 10 New Member

i have a mkII that represents the semi-auto ruger in my collection ,

[​IMG]
  5. 2chuckles

2chuckles New Member

Google up Sam's Bushing, send him the $$ and simplify your MKIII operation and improve the trigger at the same time. Best $11 I ever spent.
  6. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Member

my MRK I found in a pawnshop for $25 about 20yrs ago,, and a couple bucks for a new fireing pin.. still fun to shoot and the grandkids and greatgrand kids all love to spend the day with a brick to feed her.

Attached Files:

7. Maine04657

Maine04657 New Member

I have always been a fan of the MK series pistols. Here are the three I currently have. From the bottom up the first is a MKI I got not to long ago that had some bad bluing due to being left in a wet holster for a few years. I blasted and gave it a paint job with gold Duracoat. Next one up is a first model 22/45 with polymer grip threaded for suppressor use hence the flash hider/ thread protector. The top one is a MKIII in stainless it is integrally suppressed and quite the shooter as well.

[​IMG]