Ruger Md. 5003

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by starman, Oct 27, 2010.

1. starman

starman New Member

The Ruger Redhawk model 5003, this is the one that comes w/ scope rings and the barrell is machined to accept them. I've been watching for one now for over six months both on line and at local stores. I've even called Ruger about production and availability with no success. Anyone know what's going on with the availabiliy on this pistol. Also if anyone has one give me some feed back on its pro's and con's.

Thanks
  2. starman

starman New Member

Must not be a very popular handgun, not only can I not find one, but apparently no one owns one or will admit to it and reply.

Oh Well, onward & upward
  3. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

Ruger is pretty much use LEAN manufacturing. Basically they receive orders from the distributors and then schedules production runs based on those orders. This eliminates inventory stockpiles they had so much of in the past. Now distributors are only going to order the popular models to eliminate idle inventory. Not a lot of interest = production goes to another model.
  4. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

Hmmm...tried a search on BrandX auction site and found a bunch. Just gotta look and not be held steadfast to brand new in some cases.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  5. starman

starman New Member

So what is Brand X Auction, please provide the Link, and thank you.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  6. starman

starman New Member

If anyone can send me site offering this Ruger Redhawk Hunter #5003
    Either in stock new or a good used one I would appreciate it.
    I can find the #5001 at my local shop, however it doesn't have the machined barrell to accept a scope. Which brings up another question, is a scope a good idea for this pistol or would the iron sites only on the #5001 be okay. I guess I'm asking for opions, how many people scope these 44 mag's for either target shooting or hunting.
    The reason for the #5003 over the 5001 is its machined ready for a scope and you don't have to remove the existing iron sites, where as the 5001 would have to be machined and the iron sites would have to go. The 5003 would be quickly convertable back and forth.

Thanks
  7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

branx is referred to as GB. we cant post it it will come out like this www.*********.com and the link wont work. Its the ebay style firearms auction site...

The Ruger #5003 is referred to as the super redhawk
  8. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

I know were you can get your hands on a 5003 that isn't on GB but depends on where you are.;):D
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  9. starman

starman New Member

No the 5003 isn't the Super Red Hawk check ruger site to see the difference.