Ruger MK III6 .22 Pistol

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by dcriner, Feb 2, 2012.

1. dcriner

dcriner Member

I recently bought the standard version of this automatic pistol, and like it a lot. Looks good, feels good, and shoots good. There are a couple of issues that I delt with.

First, I removed the "loaded chamber indicator" - a metal feeler, a tiny spring, and a rather goofy piece of plastic, that pops out from the side of the receiver if there is a cartridge in the chamber. In my opinion, the only correct way to check the chamber is to pull the bolt back and inspect visually. And anyway, all guns should be treated as loaded and that plastic thingy should not be relied upon.

The other problem is figuring out how to reassemble the gun after disassembly. The Ruger manual is worthless in this regard - as is the instruction video on Ruger's website, hosted by a nerdy looking guy who follows a script seemingly written by Ruger's lawyers. There are other worthless videos on the web, but this one is very helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHJm2P4kP0 Once you learn the secret, reassembly takes just a minute or two.
  2. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

I agree with you on the chamber indicator. There are a couple of sites on the internet that are excellent.Enjoy your pistol,I have a Government Model Mark II and I enjoy shooting it!:) Cliff
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  3. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    the other thing you may want to deal with is the inability of the pistol to fire without the mag.removing it will fix that problem and give you a better trigger. old semperfi