Ruger MKIII Question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Dutch1911, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Dutch1911

Dutch1911 New Member

Greetings all...
    Needless to say I'm new aboard the good ship.

Quick couple of questions for ya, I likely already know the answers but we'll go anyway.

I have a NEW Ruger MK III that I have recently had converted to a MKII, And a trigger job completed. This is a target model, when adjusting the rear sight it is very difficult to hear or feal the clicks. My wife and I both have been getting into the steel target shooting and I'm wondering if the VQ sight would be worth the change?

Thank you in advance

Dutch1911
    1/*
  2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Most definately. I have had the oppertunity to shoot handguns with them and it a very good site to use. Well worth it.. I even thought about it on mine but since I added the red dot I no longer deem it necessary for the change. Look at the pic of mine in my album on my profile and see my setup. I run a BoMar BMCS-K which is actually designed to replace factory Kimber Sights. I like it thought it was kinda steep at $75 And it wasnt a perfect fit but it works and works well. Even with the red dot Rail still on it offers good visibility.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  3. Dutch1911

Dutch1911 New Member

Excellant!
    Thank you for the confirmation... I think that was what I needed. I typically run 1911's and am new to the whole .22lr world, so I don't know much about particular applications. I'm fortunate enough to have a discount with Brownell's so the sight will only run me roughly 50.00 with shipping, I think that will be a good choice.
    I'm assuming VQ that is labled for MK I and II will fit a MK III with no problems, unless of course Ruger changed a dimension somewhere.

Thank you...

Dutch1911
    1/*
  4. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

Be careful with the Rugers in the MK series, just because it looks the same does not mean one will fit the other. I have had the rear sights off on my II and my III they seem like they are the same. Mags, and grips will not work across the board. I'd like to know how the VQ works out for ya as I have been trying to find better sights. Got a Hi Vis, don't really like it. I shoot in an informal competition, one requirement is open sights.
  5. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Yeah I had to modify my BoMar a little bit with the dremel to get it to fit right. It workd out good in the end
  6. langenc

langenc Member

Ask Brownells if it will fit-they will know..