Ruger New model Single-Six with Old Model Driftable sights and top strap? custom?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by fleetwood1976, Sep 28, 2011.

1. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

bought this off J&G's website last weekend because I collect single sixes and had never seen a new model with an old three screw sight and top strap set up. the only thing I could think of is a custom fabrication of two guns or built up a fixed sight one to these specs, but I can not find evidence of any custom work or rebluing. I am going to call ruger tomorow to see if they do custom work or can tell me what this gun started out as.

the Serial number is 262-29xxx. Do any of you no if they had a recent run of new models with the old driftable sights? even If it turns out to be aftermarket custom work it is very good and a cool piece.

Attached Files: