1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ruger New model Single-Six with Old Model Driftable sights and top strap? custom?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by fleetwood1976, Sep 28, 2011.

1. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

bought this off J&G's website last weekend because I collect single sixes and had never seen a new model with an old three screw sight and top strap set up. the only thing I could think of is a custom fabrication of two guns or built up a fixed sight one to these specs, but I can not find evidence of any custom work or rebluing. I am going to call ruger tomorow to see if they do custom work or can tell me what this gun started out as.

the Serial number is 262-29xxx. Do any of you no if they had a recent run of new models with the old driftable sights? even If it turns out to be aftermarket custom work it is very good and a cool piece.

Attached Files: