1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ruger or Remington

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by RunningOnMT, Feb 3, 2012.

1. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

I too dislike the almost plastic or pot metal grip safety yes it does rattle.
    I also don't care for the checkered grips as they are pretty rough on the hand.
    I too like the function and reliability of mine and the rest of the gun is fit tightly and no cosmetic blems.
    It was accurate out of the box. Way more accurate than I am.
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Are we talking Ruger here? Or Remington? I assume Ruger.

I also am looking at the Remington as my first 1911. G&A had a good write up in the current issue. I like the appearance of the new Remington RS1 in stainless, but I also prefer the additional attributes of the blued Enhanced version. Now it Remington would only put those two models together. df
  3. muddober

muddober Active Member

I have not seen the Ruger or the Remington but friend just bought a Desert Eagle 1911 and we shot it today. I actually shot a better group with it than with my two Kimbers and my Les Baer.

Ron
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Glad to hear someone else doesn't care for the feel of heavy checkering on grips. I thought it was just me. Another thing is something on my Para 1911 on the lower edge of my grips keeps poking me in the heel of my hand. It's irritating. Don't have a problem with my RIA. Though the wood is nothing exotic, the RIA grips feel really good to me, smooth but not slippery. But, I'm drifting...:eek: