Ruger P series handguns

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by johnlives4christ, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

I love my P95 and would like to add a second one at some point, though there are other purchases ahead of it. One of the best benefits for me is the fact that I also own one of the (now discontinued) Ruger PC9 carbines, and I can use the same magazines in both weapons. :)
  2. roaddog28

roaddog28 New Member

I just put a down payment on a P95 brand new for $299.00. I am a revolver man and have a Ruger GP100 and a Ruger Police Service Six. They are solid guns. The P95 will be one of my few semi-autos I own. I will be a happy if the P95 performs as well as my two Ruger revolvers.

Thanks,
    roaddog
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I bought a P89 new and have had it for years with no problems. Bought a P90 used some time back and never had any problems with it either. I like the new models though for the fact you can mount lasers or lights on the inderneath which with mine you can't without some doings.
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

well im thinking about getting another ruger p95. always wouldnt mind a ruger p93 which looks just like it except has an aluminum frame. i'll probably buy a used one if i can find one around. seen them for 250ish in some of the local stores. has anyone had any experience with mecgar after market mags? i know ruger mags are the way to go if i can find them.
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

I never liked the trigger but I got past that. My friends .45 Ruger was one of the most accurate pistols I have ever fired.
  6. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

the trigger on the one i had wasn't as crisp or light as a 1911's, but i got used to it. there's not many guns that have a perfect trigger other then the 1911, but i cant see giving up on all of them and being a 1911 only man like some gun owners... i love all guns