Ruger p90 and Corbon ammo??

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by rent_a_pig, Mar 31, 2005.

1. rent_a_pig

rent_a_pig New Member

I have a p90 and the gun has never failed me, until I decided to try out Corbon ammo. My gun seems to hate this stuff!! As a matter of fact it even jammed when I injected the first round. I compared the Corbon round to the Speer Gold Dots that I normally use and noticed that the Corbons are almost 1/16 of an inch longer! could this be the problem? Has anyone else had this problem before?
  2. rent_a_pig

rent_a_pig New Member

hmm, I guess noone but me shoots a p90???? :confused:
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Please expand on this. What type of jam did you encounter? Please be specific? Did you drop one in the spout and then close the slide? Was it the top round in the mag and then you dropped the slide? If we do not know what type of jam, we cannot diagnose what happened. That is why you did not get a response. We do not like to guess here!

CorBon is high quality ammo. I have not heard of many people that have had a problem with it! Help us help you!
  4. rent_a_pig

rent_a_pig New Member

its failing to load the rounds due to the incline of the barrels lip and the leanth of the round or so it seems.
  5. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Generally, most feedramp issues can be solved by polishing the feedramp.

Note that I just made a generalization and it should be treated as such.

You may very well have run into a situation whereby the length of Corbon is too long. Why not call Corbon and ask? I've found them to be wonderfully helpful in situations like this.
  6. rent_a_pig

rent_a_pig New Member

I dont think that is the problem the ramp appears to be flawless (extreamly smooth and no scratches). I might call corbon, but it's not really that big of a consern to me. I just continue to use the gold dots, but I was curious if anyone else has had the problem out of the combination, more or less just trying to start conversation.
  7. denfoote

denfoote New Member

You might want to give Ruger a call as well.
    Their manual states that it should fire any and all ammunition made to SAAMI specs!!!!