Ruger P90

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Rob, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Rob

Rob New Member

Hello all, I'm new here and thinking about a new Ruger P90. My question is about accuracy.
    What kind of accuracy are these guns capable of compared to Glock,Sig,MilSpec (Loose) 1911, etc. I'm not looking for target accuracy here, but I do want good accuracy.
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Ruger semi auto's are not as accurate as 1911's or Sigs but equal to Glock.

And WELCOME TO TFF.
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Glad to see you at TFF, Rob, and hope you enjoy it here and will become a frequent visitor.

We are a diverse group and enjoy a camaraderie unsurpassed anywhere on the Web. Our collective knowledge is some of the finest you will find anywhere and is unsurpassed.

Please pull up a stump and make yourself at home. We are dedicated to the preservation of the United States Constitution and those who gave their all to see it through from the beginning to the present. We hope it will be one of your favorite places. Finally, we would like you to feel that this is just as much your home as it is ours.

Attached Files:

4. Rob

Rob New Member

Thanks guys for making me feel welcome. If accuracy of the P90 is comparable to Glock, I may be happy. I have a G17 and G22, and I shoot both pretty well. I guess I am expanding my original question, but what are your general opinions of Ruger P series? I am looking to make my next gun a hiking, camping, truck and sometimes home defense gun. P-90's are economical but I would rather spend more for a 1911 or Sig than be unhappy with it. I know P series are not very pretty and big, but thats not an issue for me on this gun.
  5. ACC

ACC New Member

welcome aboard:)
    My friend owns a p-90 has had it for years,has run ALOT of ammo through it and hasn't had any problems. he just keeps it clean and oiled every time he shoot's. Hope this helps you out:)
  6. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I have had a couple of Ruger P series pistols over the years that I got in trade. I have only kept them long enough to shoot a couple boxes of ammo thru them.

I never liked the way the Ruger pistols felt in my hand. It felt like I was holding a brick. But each pistol was very reliable.

The Ruger would probably fit you needs for a truck, camping, or home defense pistol but I would shoot one first then make your own choice. Also , for a little more $$, you could buy a used 1911 or Glock.
  7. Rob

Rob New Member

Thanks everyone for the info. I think I'm going to have to ponder on this for a while. Life is full of decisions, at least this is a fun one.
  8. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Welcome to TFF Rob! I've never had any Ruger Semi-auto Pistols, so i'll have to keep reading to learn more about them also...;)

Do like my latest 1911 though!...:cool:
  9. Krazyhorse

Krazyhorse New Member

I have a P85 that has been with me for a pretty good while and my brother bought a P97 and they are both very dependable guns. They aren't as good looking as some but they are well built and they are both more accurate than I am. :D
  10. Rob

Rob New Member

I love this forum. Lots of good advice.
  11. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I've put only about 50,000 rounds through my P85, so, perhaps, I don't have a real handle on it, yet. However, the only malfunctions I've ever had were with commercial rounds failure to fire (and that is very rare.) I have four 15 round magazines and one 20 round magazine. I can go through a box of ammo fairly quickly. :D For about a year I was firing 100 rounds per day.

Oh, yeah, it shoots 1.5 inches out at 11 o'clock, either hand. Just too lazy to tweak the sight any more.

Pops
  12. txpete

txpete New Member

they might not be pretty but they are built like a tank!.the ones I have shot were accurate.
  13. denfoote

denfoote New Member

The P90 is a good pistol, but I kinda prefer the polymer version: P97. No special reason, I just prefer it over the metal framed guns. I also had a P89 that I got rid of in favor of the P95. Hey, that's just me. :D
  14. boomstik44

boomstik44 New Member

I owned one, they are pretty good guns. The accuracy is good, but I feel that to compare with Sig is slightly unfair. Most Sigs I've fired are very, very accurate. Then again, in the right hands, you may not be able to beat the Ruger. The P90 is firing the flat-shooting .45, so that's to be considered. I just happend to like nearly everything about the Sig guns, so I'm a bit partial:rolleyes:
  15. kingjoey

kingjoey New Member

The 45's trajectory is about as flat as Jennifer Lopez's backside;)

The P90 is a reliable gun and is quite accurate. Only downsides: 7 or 8 rd capacity and HUGE. The gun makes my G21 look underbuilt. I find the accuracy to be a little less than that of the Glock or Sig, but darn close