1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ruger rim firearms

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by thinking firearms, Dec 24, 2011.

1. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

1962, a new 6 1/2" Single Six convertible ~$60. Since then plenty of the old models, but for now only a 5 1/2" OM and a few special model 10/22's
  2. Neverhome

Neverhome Member

Permafrost,

Thanks for the reply and info. Not sure what I will do at this point. Have only put a couple of hundred rounds through it. If stove piping becomes prevalent I will remove it. I am not crazy about having to have a clip in to fire the gun either. any suggestions on how to alter that?

Neverhome

Neverhome
  3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

I have mkIII standard with a 2lb trigger kit and my wife has new 22/45 with a dot sight. Mine runs great as is. Hers was a pain in the butt with any ammo. Called ruger CS , talked it out and they sent a shipping label. Pistol was back in a week and a half and runs like mine does. Both still have the loaded chamber indicator. Now we shoot them till they run around 1000 rounds before breaking them down for a good cleaning. Depends way more on the ammo used now. Still no feeding issue. Just clean the bore after a few hundred rounds and the bolt face . I will depend on ammo used as to how quick I have to clean the bolt area then dental pick to clean the crud build up from around the bolt face and ejector slot with out haveing to take it apart.
  4. Old John

Old John New Member

I bought my 1st Ruger rimfire, in 1962. It was a Ruger Standard automatic with a 6" thin barrel. The original cost was only $39.95. And I ordered it from the Speigel mail order catologue. You could do that back then.

I'm 71 years old and I still have it and it has fired untold bricks of various .22lr cartridges.
    One of my sons will inherit it, one of these days.
  5. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

If you install the Sam Lam hammer bushing ,you can remove the mag disconnect and it will improve the trigger pull at the same time . This is the best site for all things rimfire. They also have the links you need to walk you through installation. His contact is one the site below. They're pretty cheap and very well made. Volquartson makes some good stuff also. Good luck!:)

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php
  6. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Have a MKIII and a 10/22. MKIII is a hand held rifle and I will never part with it. 10/22 is just a blast and with the 3 30 rounders I have is enough semi auto fun for me and the kids.
  7. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

Sounds like purgatory to me. :eek: Gotta own a 10/22 in your lifetime! :D My dad bought us two for seventy five bucks way back.......early 80s or late seventies. One for him and one for me and I haven't looked back. Love my Rugers, but I did break down and buy a new Buckmark pistol this year. I really don't discriminate. Just about every company makes a good gun here and there...and just about ever one makes some turds too.
  8. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

My first Ruger rimfire was a Mark II semi auto pistol. It still shoot better than I can!:)
  9. 218bee

218bee Member

Ruger Single 6 (old 3-screw with both cyls) 5 1/2 barrel adj sights. Still have it.... Looks and shoots as new. "never modified"..........Don in SC
  10. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My first gun was a Ruger .22 cal 3 screw SA revolver. I am a huge Ruger fan and have since then collected the old 3 screw revolvers. All of mine are original without the safety bar conversion. I made sure that my daughters first gun was a 3 screw .22 as well. You can't go wrong with a Ruger!
  11. str8shot

str8shot New Member

My wife gave me a 10/22 for Christmas about 25 years ago, still have it. Had numerous pistols since then, but strangely enough do not own a ruger rimfire pistol at the moment. Got a 10/22 magnum last friday from a fellow at work. Just about NIB. Has had 5 rounds through it when purchased new about 20 years ago. Ken
  12. fas111

fas111 New Member

My first Ruger was a 10/22 purchased new at Sears for $54.50, also bought 4 boxes of 22LR for 80 cents each. Purchase date was 11/4/68. Total out the door with tax was $58.86. Yep I still have the rifle and the sales receipt. Ah the good old days!!!
    Happy New Year all.
  13. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

In 1976 I went to the gun store and bought a Ruger .22 6 7/8 tapered barrel and a Colt Mark III Trooper. The salesman asked me for ID and I showed him my Drivers License, he answered Happy 21st Birthday. You need to be 21 here in Pa. to purchase a handgun. I later found out that mine is a Liberty Ruger. Stamped on the barrell "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty". I now have my dad's 4 digit serial number Ruger bought in 1949 or 1950, my 5 1/2 Mark II bull barrel and the 50th anniversary Ruger.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  14. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

John I bought mine in 1976, 6 7/8 tapered barrel. $87.50
  15. Diamondback

Diamondback Well-Known Member

I am currently the proud owner of 4 of Bill Ruger's fine examples of .22 rimfire firearms. They from 38 yrs. young to 54 yrs.
    The first one I bought personally was a Bearcat Mfg'd in 1967. Dainty little thing but shoot extremely well as a point shooter. Don't try to aim.
    Next was a Single Six Convertable. Also in 1967. Killed a lot of snakes and put several thousand rounds through it.
    After that it was a Mk I 5.5" Bull barrel with adj. sights.(Target Model) Guesstimate 250k+ rounds. Still way more accurate than I can shoot. Squirrel and rabbits don't have a chance. 1973
    View attachment 56854 target was at 25 yds.
    Last but not least I inherited my fathers 1958 Mk I Target with 6.75" tapered barrel when he passed in 2006. It is the pride of my small collection. He taught me to shoot pistols with it. Guesstimated rounds 500k+. Still an extremely accurate pistol.
    Both revolvers are original 3 screw and Ruger will never see them. Only a careless moron needs a safety bar to prevent shooting himself.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013