Ruger Security Six/ blueing problem

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Buford Allen, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Buford Allen

Buford Allen New Member

I got a Ruger Security Six yesterday at a gun show. I gave $250 for it ,I know that's a little too much. It's a 200th anniversary model, blue, 4" barrel, adjustable rear sight and Pachmayer grips. The action is in excellent shape with a rock solid lock up on the cylinder and no gap in the cylinder carriage. The rifleing is somewhat worn but is still clearly visible after a good cleaning. There are no dings or scratches but the blueing is rubbed off pretty bad. It appears as though it might have been a law enforcement piece and has severe holster wear. The guy I bought it from didn't know the pistol's history because he got it on a trade. How is the best way to restore the finish on this pistol with a minimal budget. I've tried the liquid cold blue and it just doesn't seem to do a real good job. I also need disassembly instructions for this pistol it's quite a bit different than the S&W model 19 that I used to have.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

3. The Big Dog

The Big Dog New Member

I also need disassembly instructions for this pistol it's quite a bit different than the S&W model 19 that I used to have.

Hi,

I have a couple of these Ruger pistols and like them very much. If you contact Ruger, they will send you an owners manual free of charge. This shows you how to take this pistol down for cleaning. Also, Midway sells DVD's on how to repair and customize these guns. They also have DVD's on blueing.

Catch you later,

The Big Dog