Ruger Security-Six FBI Commemorative

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

jriler
    (9/17/02 8:20:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Ruger Security-Six FBI Academy Commemorative
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a Ruger Security-Six FBI Academy commemorative revolver with a nice case and Millett sights. Have tried finding references to them, but nothing. Anyone know anything about them or what it's worth?

Thanks!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/18/02 5:45:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Ruger Security-Six FBI Academy Commemorative
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, not being new-in-box and without the original box and paperwork it wont bring much of a premium over a normal used Security Six. The Millett is aftermarket.

$250-$300 at retail. Makes for an interesting piece, though!

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

jriler
    (9/18/02 8:00:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Strange Issue
    Well, I've got the boxes, papers, etc., but didn't know the Millets were added...if that's what you meant. The stamps aren't particularly attractive and no one, even FBI guys, don't show much interest.

Finally, I never found any references to it -- it's an Academy 100th Anniversary commemorative. Does Ruger issue commemoratives like this often?

The Rugers were fantastic guns and I like the size and weight of the Security-Six better than any of the heavier ones they now produce.

Thanks again for the feedback!