1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

ruger single six

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by old semperfi, Jan 24, 2012.

1. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i have lost the little red bag with the draw string that stores the conversion cylinder anybody know where i might buy one.they are no longer stocked by ruger. thanks old semperfi
  2. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

semperfi,

found a link on the ruger forum. they aren't factory but someone is selling them. Can't vouch for the seller either. Also, maybe consider just having a local sewing shop/dry cleaner make one and a spare for you since as i recall they are just felt bags with gold chord.

either way, here's the link:
    http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=31930

they posted as recent as june 2011 saying that they still sell the bags.

V/r

Curlyjoe
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Or, you could do like I did. I had a big stain on a T-shirt, so before it hit the rag-bag, I cut one of the sleeves off. Turn it inside out, run a seam across the bottom (shoulder). Turn it rightside out, cut a hole in the side of the hem and run a cord through it. Walla (that's French for "lookie lookie") - instant drawstring bag.
  4. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 Member

Alpo. Neat idea

Btw love your sig block
  5. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

If you want a bunch for all your stuff, try these guys, although I don't know what they charge.
    http://www.accuratebags.com/Default.aspx

Or see if you can find an gift bottle bag from Crown Royal (my favorite way to get small felt bags) :D Is to buy one with a full bottle, then , well you know. Ebay has a bunch of them listed.

Or take a 8 inch by 5 inch piece of felt or material, make a 3/4 inch fold on each end and run a stitch from side to side, then fold the piece with the folds on the outside and run a stitch up each side. Turn the new "bag" inside out so the edges are inside and then run a shoe lace through the end folds, then put a draw tight (little piece of plastic with a spring plunger) on the shoelace to close the bag. I make these out of all different materials, takes about 10 minutes on a sewing machine. (Just one of the wonderful things my Mom did was to teach me to sew).
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013