Ruger SR1911

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by mrjerry, Aug 29, 2011.

1. mrjerry

mrjerry New Member

Does anyone have any bad things to say about the Ruger SR1911? Would appreciate some insite.

Thank You, ol JER
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

3. whtsmoke

whtsmoke New Member

I dont get to shoot it enough.
  4. Bigbill

Bigbill Member

I have heard only good things so far. I'd like to get one too i need a 1911 in stainless but i'm not sure yet.
  5. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Still more rare than hens teeth around here. If dragman or double d get one I would certainly like to be on that list for the purchase. My buddy has one and wow what a sweet gun it is. Hopefully with a few more months they will become available so we all can get one!
  6. 1911 man

1911 man New Member

Ive heard the quality and reliability is great,But in ct they are hard to find still
  7. tnhawk

tnhawk New Member

I'm still waiting to find one!
  8. whtsmoke

whtsmoke New Member

this is a quality handgun and it does shoot good, i could shoot mine everyday of the week and not get tired of it. mine shot a little to the left but i have taken care of that and now it shoots to poa pretty much. i havent had any malfunctions of any kind and when i took it out the first time i loaded the mags with a combination of left over ammo from years ago and everything from hardball to lead semi wadcutter target ammo, it just shot it all. still its to new to really say for sure how it will do but if it keeps up like it is it will be a terrific handgun. i hope that everyone that wants one gets thier soon as i lucked into mine.

[​IMG]

this was all offhand and not from a rest.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  9. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Jealous! Jealous! Jealous! We don't have any around here. I did handle a show sample and it was tight! Maybe one of these days.
  10. crewchief01

crewchief01 New Member

Got mine three weeks ago,a major chain store had 6 on Sat went in Sunday ,I got the last one ,been to the range three times with it.All I can say Ruger did a great job with this gun very happy ,solid feel, accurate .I really like the all stainless ,the finish is really nice ,sights are a plus Novak 3 dot .The clips are decent, I purchase some Wilson combat and Chip McCormic mags for the gun .Had a little feed issue with my first trip ,not no more .Still pricey here $750.00 local got it for $600 not bad .This is my first 1911 glad I waited was worth it .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  11. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

I have heard nothing but good about them!! If and when I find one I will own one.
  12. Larry46

Larry46 New Member

Not one bad thing! I fact I think it is comparable to my Colts! Oh, oh! I better duck!
  13. Joelkw

Joelkw New Member

I have not found one around the Seattle area yet. :(:rolleyes:
  14. H-D

H-D Active Member

I'll redirect the thrown items by saying that my Taurus has better fit finish and function than the Colt 1991a1 I traded for it....and a better case , but I kept the colt mag
  15. CharlieSW

CharlieSW New Member

16. Joelkw

Joelkw New Member

I was able to shoot one today at my local range. Loved it. They had a Manufacturers day. Several makers brought their toys for people to try out.

I will buy one when they come out about the first of the year. The rep. told me they are making about 250 guns a day until they finish the current run, then will start on the 1911's and should be available DEC. OR JAN.

I got time to save up. :):cool::D
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  17. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I love Rugers so I know without a doubt I would love their 1911.
  18. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

LUCKY!! They are still as rare as hens teeth around here. Been looking for months trying to get one. Lots of calls and emails out there just waiting for one to become available.
  19. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

The Ruger SR1911 I held was sleek and smooth!! Not one blemish on the finish. Just a great gun for the money.... If you want one now and can't wait some of the auction sites have them for 150 to 200 over MSRP which is still too much. I believe MSRP is 699 The one my buddy got he paid 590 for it.
  20. AmmoForSale.com

AmmoForSale.com New Member

My only complaint is availablity. I've had one on order with my local shop and I'm still waiting 3 months later. It looks like I'll have another 3-5 months before mine comes in.

I did shoot a friends and it's quite a bit better than I thought it would be originally.