Ruger Sr22 pistol

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by gunguy25, Jan 2, 2012.

1. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

2. Albtraum

Albtraum Member

Ruger has been on a roll this year, coming out with all kinds of new models. (Or, at least making some of their centerfire models available in .22) From the Single Action .22 with a 10 round cylinder, to the LCR .22. I guess it's new year now, and what a way to start off with the SR series in .22, and a new bolt action rifle.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I bet that is going to be a big seller. i checked it out on one of the gun review sites and it really looks good. I like it!:cool:
  4. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Me too. Checked out the online reports and like what I see. Should make a fun gun for youngsters and oldsters alike. Have see what is will sell for when it gets on the market.
  5. oldbrass

oldbrass New Member

Looks like a nice little pistol,would go nice with my 10/22
  6. nottelybill

nottelybill New Member

check out the Kel-Tec PMR-30- magazine holds 30 rounds of 22 wmr and weights 13 oz. empty. They all seem to be on back order. I have had one ordered for about 2 months now.
  7. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

I looked at the SR22 today, and it's sweet ! Right around $300-$320. Looks alot like the Walther P-22. I will own one someday.
  8. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

P.S. Gun sales here in Ohio, especially handgun sales are through the roof !! I stood in line 45 min's to get to talk to a salesman today...a weekday...at 10:30 a.m. Went to another store 25 min's away from the first one.....same thing. Packed.
  9. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Sounds like some worried folks out there in Ohio Thomas?
  10. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

Why are they so worried, You can't shoot at an earthquake.
  11. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Not trying to get political, just repeating what one gun shop owner told me. SB 5 (issue 2) failed, so there are alot of law enforcement layoffs happening. We're losing several police officers in my little town of 35k, plus a few sheriff deputies in our county. Anyway, unrelated......that SR22 pistol looks nice ! Too bad they gave it the same designation as an already existing rifle in their lineup. Pretty sure I'm going to get one as soon as I can.
  12. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Are you referring to the Ruger American ? MSRP of $445 with something that resembles the Savage Accutrigger ? Looks pretty nice ! Looks like Ruger is trying to go head-to-head against Savage.
  13. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Moderator

Got to shoot one today. Nice little gun, looks a lot like the P22 but it uses a trigger disconnect safety unlike the hammer block on the P22. DA trigger isnt bad, SA is nice but the trigger reset in SA is really long then a lot of take up. It was accurate, mag release is a little stiff and you have to press deep into the frame to get the mag to drop. Its the first release, I'm sure they will make some revisions. Now they just need to make one in 22mag and I'd get one.
  14. pmeisel

pmeisel New Member

Thanks for posting the video, I never woulda thought to check gunblast....
  15. WWhunter

WWhunter New Member

I looked at a couple of them displayed on tables at the Richmond Gunshow this weekend. Priced at $300 and looked 100% better quality than the Walther P22 which is priced similarly. I have a couple of the P22's and they have got to be the cheapest made .22 pistol I have ever owned. I may have to acquire one of the new Rugers to try out. :)
    Now if Browning would wise up and price their new 1911 22 about half of what they have it priced I would get one. I also looked at these and for the price I was NOT impressed...it is a $300-400 handgun at the most. Plastic sights, grips and aluminum construction. Definitely not in the league of say the Beretta Model 87 which sells for a little over $700.
  16. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Moderator

Neither was I on the Browning 1911-22. Poor fit and finish and a lot of plastic for the hefty price tag that comes with it.
  17. savannahboy

savannahboy New Member

I handled the new sr22 today. Very well built and good feel overall except for the backwards safety. Pushing down for safe may be a deal breaker for many, me included. Maybe I can find a sp101 22lr.
  18. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

...yes they are and around here to find the new Ruger's in stock is somthi'n else!
  19. Cary Lang

Cary Lang Member

If you don't mind the safety working backwards as opposed to other guns, it is a great gun. I bought one for my 12 year old son to shoot when we go out to the range. At 10 yards he can consistantly put them in the bull's eye of an 8" target. Excellent trigger on it, easy to disassemble and a good set of sights both adjustable for windage and elevation. He managed to let me shoot it a time or two and I will admit it does shoot great.
  20. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I like 'em a lot, but there have been a few reports of teething problems. I think I'll hold off 'til all the issues have been addressed.