Ruger SR9C Range Report

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gunguy25, Feb 29, 2012.

1. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

Hey guys, heres my first range report on the Ruger SR9C I picked up yesterday. I put 200 rounds of Federal 115gr and about 15 rounds of Golden Saber 124 hp through it today. I had just one malfunction about 150 rounds in I had a FTE but that was the only malfunction i had today. This is the first striker fired pistol i have ever owned and I love it the gun feels great in my had the trigger is awesome. My best target is right below 10 shots at 7 yards standing medium rate of fire group is right at 1in 1/2 which is the best I ever done with a new gun and will only get better the more i practice. I will also add that the recoil is very manageable.

Attached Files:

2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

well i guess ya can't beat that, nice shootin
  3. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

thanks beth
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

That's some real good shooting gunguy25!
    NICE group!
  5. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

thanks zane
  6. Skonix

Skonix New Member

This is great news, I just joined the community recently to get some opinions on the first pistol I planned to purchase, which is the SR9c, and seeing this as the first post in this thread was awesome! It's been terribly difficult trying to find this handgun in Massachusetts, as there are only 2 stores within an hour drive of me that carry them, and as soon as they get a few in stock they sell out, typically that same day. This certainly helps put any reservations I had about the SR9c being my first purchase to rest. Thanks for sharing!
  7. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

your very welcome skonix , I also had a problem finding it here in Tn, every gun shop i called was out expect for one and it was the last one they had so i got pretty lucky.
  8. yetiman

yetiman New Member

9. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Good shootin, gunguy!

Welcome to the forum, Skonix.!
  10. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

:) I feel your pain it took me a while because I am cheap but...I bought mine used 3 mags with pinky extension and a comp-tac mtac holster for what I consider a bargain $350

I got the all black model
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I just sold 2 of them this week for $369.00 ea.
  12. Frogtop

Frogtop New Member

I bought one last spring and it is now my go to carry piece. I appreciate its size, weight and the way it handles. I am now considering a Crossbreed IWB holster.
  13. vaskeet

vaskeet New Member

Its my choice for carry. Easy to shoot well. Not my favorite range gun (I hate picking up brass) I love my dan wesson and ruger revolvers but dont like to carry them. Randy
  14. DallasCJ

DallasCJ New Member

Congrats on your new gun and the report. I have the 9 FS and really like it. In my opinion this is the best Ruger semiauto ever!
  15. Frogtop

Frogtop New Member

Ever try laying down an old piece of tarp? When finished shooting just fold the tarp in from the corners and collect the brass in the middle. I notice someone is selling a "brass collector" that is nothing more than a sheet of some sort of material for about $40. Small plastic tarps a lot cheeper than that. The SR9 has a strong recoil spring and the brass doesn't go that far. I have a Browning High Power that wants to throw it quite some distance.
  16. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Guess the recoil spring on my ati .45 is crap, only about half of em make it on the tarp......
  17. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Gunguy nice group. You say it will get better. My son has this gun. It's a good shooter. We don't get groups that tight but it's us not the gun...
  18. Skonix

Skonix New Member

Thanks for the welcome you guys! Dirtypacman, I'm with you on the black model, I finally found a shop that had just unpacked ONE all black SR9c from their shipment to which I responded "HOLD THAT FOR ME!". I was finally able to purchase it yesterday and bought some snap caps to break myself in to how it functions, the weather took a turn for the worse so it looks like I'll have to hold off to shoot it! I'm definitely excited to put some rounds through it, right now much hands are raw from all the drilling I was doing with it, hah.
  19. Frogtop

Frogtop New Member

The 45 and the High Power use the weight of the full sized slide to control the recoil so need a spring only strong enough to reliably strip a cartridge and return to battery for the next shot. Small pistols need a spring that is strong enough to compensate for the light weight of the slide by retarding the recoil. I have a female friend that bought an SR9 same time I did and is unable to comfortably work the slide.
  20. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Great shooting gunguy. Id be quite pleased if I could shoot a group that size @ 7 yds.