1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Rugers new 357 Bolt action Carbine

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by savage170, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I used to have a NEF singleshot 357 magnum. The leade in the chamber was sooooo long I could load Hornady 200 grain .358" round nose softpoints in the crimping groove. The round looked odd but it was a deer thumper out to 100 yards.

Nosler had a 115 grain .357" hollowpoint back in them days and I flung them things so fast they would exlode woodchucks like they got smoked by a 220 swift. The 357 magnum is a screamer from a rifle. Only thing I do not like about that is I would prefer a wood stock and a satin or matte blue finish.
  2. Mecanik

Mecanik New Member

WOW!! I can see a .30-357 in the future!
  3. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

I think it's a little over priced at $749 msrp

I'll stick to my Marlin lever gun
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I had one of the Model 77's in .44 Mag a while back. It was an excellent rifle and it is one of those that I wonder why I traded it.