Rumors- S&W to discontinue SD and Sigma

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by jeffadaklin, Jan 2, 2012.

1. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

The S&W forum has threads indicating both are to be discontinued. One guy submitted a list he said he got from agun shop, listing some weapon types that S was dropping, and the SD9- not the SD40- was on it. Obviously rumors are worth what we pay for them but- thought someone might want to know ref: future parts availability etc.

BlkHawk73 New Member

Surprised the Sigma has been kept in production this long really. Been out a long time. Guessing they want to slim production on the less popular models and make more room for the M&P models to spread their wings. makes sense.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Plane and simple those two lines just don't sell anymore. The M&P line is so much better at not much more cost, makes sense.
  4. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Good riddance, I say.
  5. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

A friend of mine is a big Smith freak and called them. Asked about this and all the Smith guy would say is 'the Sigmas are selling very very well..' For what it's worth. We all know manufacturers keep this stuff really quiet, but the Smith guy sure didn't cooperate very well. I have an SD and love it, only question is will they provide parts 10 years down the road.
  6. al45lc

al45lc New Member

I've had a Sigma .40 since they first came out, it fit my hand far better than the Glock did at that time. I've probably fired 5-7000 rounds through it, no problems. I even had a video at one time with myself and a buddy test firing both the Sigma and the Glock under water, just to see what would happen, no problems. I like my Sigma.
  7. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

With as many of these that are out there, I wouldn't worry much about parts availability in 10 years. That's what Numeric is for.