Rush's bid derailed by Race Baiters

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45nut, Oct 15, 2009.

1. 45nut

45nut Active Member

So what do y'all think about the lies and BS said about El Rushbo to block his bid to buy the Rams?

One mean spirited comment by:

CHRIS MATTHEWS : You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big? In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody's going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he's going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet. But we'll be there to watch. I think he's Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto. Are you watching, Rush?

And all the lies told about him and calling him a racist. Telling lies and saying they are quotes from his show without doing a little fact checking?? Journalism is dead, but then we knew that already.

This article explains it all(decided to post the article too in case it gets scrubbed)

Which public figure can be quoted as having said something bigoted and disgusting and it doesn’t matter whether he did or not because he might have? Who can Big Media brand a racist without checking the facts? Who has to prove he did not say something racist, rather than the accuser proving he did?

A pat on the back for anyone who guessed the answer: Rush Limbaugh (OK, the blog headline was a clue). From CNN to MSNBC to ABC, it’s been put about that Limbaugh said this:

I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

It’s also been spread around that he said this, about the death of the man who assassinated Martin Luther King:

You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honour? James Earl Ray. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

Here’s CNN’s Rick Sanchez baldly stating at the 1.14 point that Limbaugh made the slavery comment:

Trouble is, he didn’t say either of these outrageous things. And it wasn’t difficult to check, as protein wisdom shows here. They originated from, er, Wikipedia and Wikiquotes. Both quotes ended up in this book – a hit job that doesn’t cite any sources. They’re also included in this internet list posted a year ago and endlessly ripped off ever since.

The irony is, of course, that the people reporting this as fact are the same types who are always denouncing bloggers and the internet as forces of evil intent on destroying proper journalism – proper journalism being the kind that involves checking facts. In the case of Rush Limbaugh, however, it seems to be enough that the intention (i.e. to show the talk radio host is a racist) is considered pure.

Even those who have been primary movers in spreading these malicious falsehoods – which would lead to payouts of hundreds of thousands in British libel courts if lawsuits were ever filed there – are brazenly unapologetic.

Thus, St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bryan Burwell pens this column containing the slavery quote and then follows up with another column with a kind-of-sort-of-well-not-really-at-all mea culpa in which he states that the quote seemed “so in character with the many things that Limbaugh has said before that we didn’t verify it beyond the book”.

OK, so it sounded right and it was on the internet or in a book or something so it was fine to just go ahead and print it as stone-cold fact without any attribution? I wonder which journalism school teaches that?

And Burwell caps it off by implying – nudge, nudge, wink, wink – that Limbaugh’s really lying: “Fine, let’s play along for the time being and take him at his word that he was inaccurately quoted in the Huberman book.” I’m no fan of British libel laws but, again, if that had been printed in the UK it would have led to a hefty payout for aggravated damages.

Limbaugh is, understandably, on the war path because the smear of racism is one is very, very difficult to wipe clean:

When race is brought into it, that you can’t let stand. I mean, if you, if people are trying to destroy your reputation and your credibility, your life, and your career by attacking you as a racist, then you have to stand up and, like that.

Now we are in the process behind the scenes working to get apologies and retractions, with the force of legal action, against every journalist who has published these entirely fabricated quotes about me, slavery, and James Earl Ray.

I never said them. We have tracked them. We know where they came from. We don’t know the identity, but we know where they came from – a single blogger who posted the stuff on my Wikipedia page and Wikiquotes, unsourced.

Wikipedia says, ‘Well, this is in dispute.’ It’s not in dispute. They were never uttered. I never said them. And I’ve even told reporters I never said them.

As Mark Steyn points out, in this instance it’s for Limbaugh to prove the negative – an impossible task. And Dan Calebrese asks why if Limbaugh really is a racist then it takes bogus quotes to “prove” that he is?

What’s the term for those who are setting about “racist” Rush Limbaugh right now? Ironically, it seems to be “lynch mob”. And they’ve succeeded – word is that Limbaugh’s been dropped from the consortium seeking to buy the St Louis Rams.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

First the banks, then the Ins. cos., the auto industry. Working on the health care industry next up Sports. Welcome to the Peoples Democratic Watermelon Republic. PDWR. I can say that because I have accepted the fact that I am a racist because I was born mostly white.
  3. artabr

artabr New Member

Hopefully he takes them to court for libel & slander (depending on who said or wrote what).
    Due to his being removed from the purchasing group because of slanderous statements, I think that he'll be able to show monetary damages.
    Just my $0.02, but I think that he has a case. ;) :)

Art
  4. walien

walien Former Guest

The guy lost his job as an NFL color commentator. Comments he made made him step down from his position. The QB he called overrated won a superbowl. Why would anyone be surprised that he lost his job. Would you be surprised if the NBA passed on Don Imus as a part owner? Congrats to Rush for milking this for all he can.
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

In 2008 the entire country did exactly what Rush accused the press of doing with whats his face.
    Elect a empty suit because of its color.
    How's all that change working for you. :rolleyes:

Art
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

Here's a little story about McNabb's game yesterday. He's still overrated. :rolleyes: :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...st-situationally-aware-fellow-?urn=nfl,196785

Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:21 am EDT

McNabb: Not the most situationally aware fellow...

By Doug Farrar

He caught a lot of heat last year for not knowing how NFL ties work, though he's not the only one -- heck, even intelligent ex-quarterbacks-turned-announcers get it wrong from time to time. But Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb(notes) must carry the grief alone for his clock-butchering boo-boo in his team's 13-9 loss to the Oakland Raiders.

Down 10-3 with 27 seconds left in the first half, McNabb went to the line and called a time out after deciding that he didn't like what he saw on the Raiders' side of the ball. Problem was, the Eagles had already used their customary three time-outs in the half, and no amount of bargaining could get them another one. Philly was busted for delay of game, the ball was pushed back from the Oakland 15 to the Oakland 20, McNabb took a Richard Seymour(notes) sack on the next play, and the Eagles had to settle for a field goal. Had the Eagles scored a touchdown and kicked the extra point in that drive, they would have had the points needed to tie the Raiders.

Change you can believe in. :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D :D

Art
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I see walien is right there on the side of freedom again. (can you hear my sarcasm?)

So Walien, I have noticed that you have never answered this question. You are a democrat aren't you?
  8. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

And which Super Bowl did he win? The only Super Bowl he played in he lost to the Patriots. Rush should not have lost his job when there are people like Leonard Little currently playing in the NFL who killed a woman while he was drunk and driving. And to boot, 6 years later, he was arrested again for drinking and driving. Still in the league, in fact scored a touchdown yesterday in Rams loss.

There is a double standard, pure and simple. The message is if you say anything negative about a black player you get fired, if you are a player and kill someone while drinking and driving, you get to keep your job. Until there starts to be some equality in the retaliation that takes place against whites, your words are meaningless and get your facts straight before acting all PC.
  9. walien

walien Former Guest

Nope, sorry. Just because I disagree with a conservative entertainer, doesn't mean that I'm a Democrat. What did I say against freedom here. Please let me know. By the way, "You are a democrat aren't you?", is a statement and not a question.

Sorry, 40Cal, you're right there. My mind is still spinning from 5TD's in one quarter in snow. That said, he hasn't been a slouch. I'm the first one to rail against scrambling QB's of any kind. I always thought that Schaub was better than Vick and continually bugged my friends about it. McNabb is a good passer and can run when needed. Saying that the media likes him because they want a black QB out there is kind of silly. There wasn't a big call from the media to get him back on the field after he was benched not so long ago. He's an excellent quarterback who often plays hurt. Mr Limbuagh might argue that the status justified this, but from his wiki:

# 5× Pro Bowl selection (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
    # 2004 NFC Offensive Player of the Year

He went to multiple consecutive Pro Bowls before that. It's the Not For Long league for anyone, especially QB's, no matter what their color. He had to resign from his job. Why would anyone expect that the NFL want him, and the controversy that would ensue, any more than the NBA would want Don Imus.

Good for him for making a fuss and money off it though. To me, it seems more like a political stunt. Anyone with a clue about the NFL would have been able to tell him that it wasn't going to work.
  10. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

So again, why is it OK for Rush to loose his job over words and Leonard Little not loose his job for killing someone because he was drunk while driving? The obvious double standard exists and your argument proves it. Thanks.