Russian Makarov 9x18

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/5/02 8:09:10 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Russian Makarov 9x18
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK, crufflers, help me out. What could I expect to get out of a Russian mfg 'IZH70' Makarov in 9x18? Excellent condition.

I'm seeing the .380 versions selling at $185-$225. Can I get $250 out of the 9x18?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/5/02 9:09:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Russian Makarov 9x18
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I have a question like that, I check what they've recently sold on the auction sites, gives me a good guide to what the top price is.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/5/02 9:12:41 am)
    For a real Russian, YEP!
    T.F.F.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/5/02 9:14:42 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Russian Makarov 9x18
    GRJ, check the second paragraph of my post.

LTS, that's what I'm thinking, too.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/5/02 10:20:09 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Yep, $250.00 without a doubt!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/5/02 11:14:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Givya 240.00 if ya thro in 2 bxs ammo, new rear sight, 2 mags,
    cleaning kit, shooting glove, night sight, adjusted trigger, 17# spring, compensator, pearce grip, 3 lb pull...etc. etc. etc.
    OK? Cudya lay it away? Trade it fer a Hickory smoked Country ham? Uh duzen roses for Mothers Day?
    Be easy Now....
    Charlie D *

* Russians are the BEST! Continue to escalate in price....

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/5/02 11:40:02 am)
    DN.....you're a dealer's dream!

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/6/02 5:53:30 pm)

Quote:
    GRJ, check the second paragraph of my post.

Well, I did check, and it didn't say auction. It was just how I do it, feel free to ignore my suggestion.

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/6/02 11:58:12 pm)
    AD, the IJ-70 is the commercial version of the Mak made by Baikal...it usually comes with the adjustible sights, most militaries had fixed...

I bought a nearly new IJ-70 about 3 months ago at a show in Indy, Gun was EX-LN, came with two mags, the flap holster, cleaning kit, a neat screwdriver/accessory kit, in the original box, a box and a half of ammo, with the papers that showed the original owner paid $199.99 for it new from a dealer in '96...

The guy wanted $135 for it, I gave him $125 and he took it...

Now I think I stole it at that price, and there was a guy jumping up and down holding his breath and turning blue behind me when he found out what I paid for it, and I almost sold it for $175 a few tables down...but $250 might be a little high even for me, especially since the Bulgarian militaries are still around at $99 each/2...

Now it is WORTH every bit that much, it is a great shooter like all of them, it just won't feed those big new Silver Bear JHPs real well, all the rest feed without a bobble...and it's as highly accurate as all the other Maks are, which is great, BUT...

...I passed on another one just like it at the Auction last year where I bought the Astra...it went for $160....

But with the new Pierce Grips I just put on mine, it is getting better all the time...

Doc? Buy it, shoot it, and you won't care what you can sell it for...

....you just might keep it....
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"