1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Russian or Romanian SKS?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (10/28/01 5:47:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All opinion on sks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Which one is better?? Russian or Rominian?

Here is what I'm up against.

Russian $250
    Rominian $189

I'm looking at it from a collectors view point and as an occasional shooter.

Which model would you choose from.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/28/01 6:29:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: opinion on sks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spend the $61.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Bob In St Louis
    (10/28/01 8:45:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: opinion on sks
    I agree - if you can still find a Russian SKS at $250, go for it. Then buy a Romanian down the road in a few weeks!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Mesen
    (10/28/01 9:57:23 pm)
    what makes the Russian better?
    IF YOU VALUE YOUR FREEDOM, THANK A VET!

Bob In St Louis
    (10/29/01 8:31:04 am)
    I really don't think the Russian made SKS is much better, it is more the collector's market driving the prices - at the prices given, the Russian is the better deal right now. However, the Romanian SKSs were limited production for their internal police forces, and when the supply of those dry up, the collector price will start soaring. So, get a Russian now, pick up a Romanian a little later.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

RobC in Missouri
    (10/29/01 11:45:48 am)
    I agree - Russian now, Romanian later. BUT...

There's gonna be another one to drool over - the Yugoslavian SKS, complete with integral grenade launcher. Supposed to be arriving within a month or two. InterOrdnance is advertising them on their website for $250 or so.

Gotta have one of those!

RobC in Missouri

the real fredneck
    (10/29/01 6:21:04 pm)
    so which can be tweaked so shoot the best SKS or AK 47?