Russian Rifle

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Frankb, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Frankb

Frankb New Member

I went to a gun show this weekend. I was looking at SKSs and AK47s. The guy next to me said a Russian Saiga
    on the same table was more accurate and cheaper than the AK47. He used to have one. They had new ones in 7.62X39 and I was told they also come in .308. They were only $250 + tax. Does anybody have one or know about them?
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

saigas are functionally the same as an AK47 but are retrofitted eith longer barrels and monte carlo buttstocks, they are exactly what a 'hunting rifle' built out of an AK47 looks like(because thats all it is). I have not, however heard of saigas in .308, thats intriguing. I have not owned one, but have fitted several with scopes and accessories, and test fired and sighted most of the ones i've serviced. They are, somewhat, more accurate but not much, in my experience. But are as rugged and reliable as thier parent AKs, and very economical to own and shoot. and at 250 plus tax, id say a great buy, local gun shops here are asking upwards of 450 + tax..
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

just got catalog from Centerfire Systems
    they list Saiga in .410, .308, 7.62x39 & .223
  4. Yuriy Korshunof

Yuriy Korshunof New Member

Saiga-is the semi auto rifle and was developed for hunters.Thats way there is more accur than ak 47
    Yes Saiga in 308 Win it's true[​IMG]-with detachable butt.
    (7.62x51) Discreption-for hunting on midle and big animals.Velocety 870-800

Also there is Saiga-M (7.62х39)[​IMG]

And Saiga-5.6S with folding butt[​IMG]

And finaly
    Saiga-MK with metal-frame butt and pistol grip of the AK assault rifle type.[​IMG]-223Rem
    (5.56х45) not so accurate but looks like AK-This tipe of AK-105(5.45х39) use Russian police.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  5. Frankb

Frankb New Member

The one I saw had a synthetic stock, but it didn't fold.
  6. Righteous

Righteous New Member

Ak's are not that bad on being accurate, you can empty a clip on a pie plate at 100+ yards is good nuff accurecy for a AK to me,