Russian Tokarev TT-33 Value

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/15/02 1:58:38 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Russian Tokarev TT-33 Value
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Polishshooter suggested I post this over here....

Thinking about selling mine to surprise my wife with a gift. What are current values of
    wartime Russian (not current Polish or Chinese) Tokarev TT-33 pistols in Fine - EXC
    condition? This one is 1945 dated, wide serrations, it has the safety mod above the
    grip, with two mags and leather holster. I don't have it in hand at the moment, but I
    believe finish is near perfect (little scratch near the takedown clip), and I think the bore
    is chrome-lined. Oh, matching numbers barrel/slide/frame (but not mags).

RobC in Missouri

Boogalou
    (2/15/02 3:24:48 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Russian Tokarev TT-33 Value
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I had a 1941 Tok that I sold on AA for $350, but this pistol had seen some use. On the other hand, it wasn't import marked or had the aftermarket safety. So I would guess your gun should go for around 350 to $400 IMHO.

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/15/02 3:24:56 pm)
    Originals without the safety mod are in the Blue Book for $325 (100%), $290 (98%), $250 (95%).

Recent imports with the safety are listed for $140 (100%), $110 (98%), $90 (95%).

I'd expect that you should be able to get $150-175 for it, since I've seen them in local shops for $200-225. I've been looking for one without the safety, but no luck yet.

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/15/02 3:41:53 pm)
    I've found a site listing several Russians for sale, with the safety mod but without the lever and post-war dated, running between $200-225. I was thinking the war date would have a slight premium.

Who knows, maybe I'll try to sell the Tok and the CZ52 as a package and get out of the 7.62 Tok caliber (but I'll still keep my broomie in 7.63 Mauser).

RobC in Missouri

Tac401
    Administrator
    (2/15/02 4:13:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Russian Tokarev TT-33 Value
    Check the auction sites, you will probably find
    one on AA or GB up for auction, that should
    give you an idea, the maket prices vary so
    often that I sometimes will check the auctions
    along with what was mentioned in this thread.
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/17/02 11:55:31 am)
    I'd probably pay $300 or so for a nice one without the safety mod, but I abhor mods to collectible guns, so I have been passing on a real nice Russian one for $225 at a local gun shop. Now, if he found one without the safety...

runabout199
    (3/10/02 3:56:38 am)
    i just bought one for 160 but its a 9x19 and was made in china

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/17/02 11:29:00 pm)
    Saw a REALLY nice one today, looked so good in fact I had to do a double take...and yeah it had the darn safety...guy wanted $265 for it...
    Hi. My name is Mike. And I am a Nagantaholic. "Don't hear him call you an @sshole, hear WHY he's calling you an @sshole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"