Rust removel on a M91/30 Mosin Nagant

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Renton, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Renton

Renton New Member

HI,
    I recently purchesd a M91/30 Mosin Nagant from the tula armory and was said to have been used in Sevastopol. When i got it it was in good condition except for the end of the bore which had a light coating of rust. im new to mosin nagants, Any suggestions on Removing the rust?
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Bronze or brass brush is your best bet right now. If its a light coating then they will make short work of removing it. Bore scrubber will also help loosen the rust. After scrubbing the bore, run a clean patch through it to remove any particles still remaining
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its most likely there because the rifle was fired with corrosive milsurp ammo and left uncleaned. If it isnt bad I have had luck with sea foam deep creep and a bronze brush. The deep creep will lift the rust out and the bronze brush will ensure the stubborn crap comes off. Then follow with some more deep creep and some clean patches. then clean the bore as usual.
  4. Renton

Renton New Member

Thanks for the info but i guess i dont really know what to use when it comes to bore brushes mind giveing me some pointers.?
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  6. pawn

pawn New Member

7. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

:yeahthat: is a good start.

You will need one for .30 cal or 8mm..