1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

S.A. NM M1A

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by 762Shooter, Jan 17, 2010.

1. 762Shooter

762Shooter New Member

Want to sell my M1A that I've had since 1976 to a friend and need to know reasonable market value. SN is in the mid-8000's.
    Well cared for over the years. About 1,200 rds thru it. All Lake City Match ammo. Some brightness on edges around gas chamber,cylinder. Some "normal" brightness showing from opn'g rod recoil wear. Barrel, all other surfaces remain scratch-free, military finish. No rust! Coffee color fiberglass, non-vented hand guard. Stock: walnut, bright finish (polyureth?), no scratches, or gouges. Bedded. This stock may have been epoxy impregnated. NM barrel, fr & rear sights. Receiver marked: U.S. Rifle, 7.62 mm M1A Springfield Armory (circular mark). 1/2 min MOA capable.
  2. Popeye

Popeye New Member

A lot depends on where you live. The Blue Book says approximately $1500. Here in California, I could get $2000, maybe more.
  3. 762Shooter

762Shooter New Member

Thanks, Popeye. I'm in the People's Republic of Calif. The rifle has a muzzle brake...therefore I'm not a felon. Although I used this rifle to train soldiers how to shoot (I'm an RVN vet and former USAR military weapons instructor), Calif, suddenly made me a felon until I installed the muzzle brake very quickly. Why would Calif want to make veterns into felons??
  4. Popeye

Popeye New Member

GUNS ARE EVIL! IF YOU LIKE GUNS YOU ARE EVIL!

That's why. That's what they believe.