S.C. May Soon Execute Repeat Child Rapists

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by rosierita, Mar 31, 2006.

1. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

i meant to post this the other day..... this is from a houston news paper, i couldnt find it on jake knotts' website or on any of my local news websites. :rolleyes: (think liberal moonbat operations ;) )

S.C. May Soon Execute Repeat Child Rapists
    State Senate Gives Preliminary Approval To Bill

POSTED: 7:55 am CST March 29, 2006
    UPDATED: 10:23 am CST March 29, 2006

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- The South Carolina Senate has given preliminary approval to a bill that authorizes the death penalty for twice-convicted child rapists.

The proposal approved Tuesday still needs a final reading before going on to the House.

It would authorize prosecutors to seek capital punishment for any sex offender convicted twice of raping children younger than 11.

The plan is part of a larger bill that would set minimum sentences for sex offenders and require lifetime electronic monitoring for some of them.

Opponents said the measure would be unconstitutional. But the U. S. Supreme Court declined to review a Louisiana law that allows the death penalty for people who rape children younger than 12. Currently, murder is the only crime in South Carolina eligible for the death penalty.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in a 1977 Georgia case involving an adult victim that sentencing someone to death for rape was unconstitutional.

State Sen. Jake Knotts, chief backer of the South Carolina bill, said criminals who rape children don't belong on earth.

link

let me add that jake knotts is very popular around here, esp. for 2nd amendment lovers! he holds FREE CCW classes at least 6 mos. out of the year & his waiting list is LONG!
  2. firebird

firebird New Member

OMG...I wish they would do that here.

3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

It is long overdue EVERYWHERE.
  4. paul T

paul T New Member

With a bit of luck they will Execute the first timers also. paul T.
  5. ZORRO

ZORRO New Member

In terms of behavior modification the death penalty in this case isn't a deterrent.
    It may be an instant remedy , or revenge but not a deterrent.
    These offenders seem to share one bit of commonality. They were all victims of similar behavior as children. The mind is a complicated piece of Godly hardware.
    Our over simplistic answers to crime in this country are counter productive at best. Folks, there's something going on in this society that "ain't" right.
    Good luck trying to executed and incarcerate it all. We'll soon need as many prisons as Starbucks!
    Some scientific investigation into the mysterious world of behavior is long overdue if the objective is to rid society of the behavior. Killing one in a million might make us feel cozy but it's no permanent remedy to the problem.

Z
  6. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

we're talking about 2nd time offenders here z. by all means castrate them after the 1st time & i dont mean chemically either. ;)
  7. ZORRO

ZORRO New Member

No I understand the outrage and disdain for the behavior but I'm more interested in arresting the behavior in an attempt to illiminate it from society! I think it's possible.
    ..and what do we do with little miss cream cheese school marm who porks 14yr old boys. If she looks good then we let her walk...but if she doesn't we
    castrate her? :eek: The problem's in the brain not the cagingas!

Z
  8. shooter4

shooter4 New Member

Well Z, you come up with a way to fix everybody's mind to be nice, until then, we got to do it the hard way.
  9. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Sounds like a good idea to me, save the kids
  10. ZORRO

ZORRO New Member

The same research that's being done currently on drug and alcohol addiction is being conducted on diviant behaviors of all kinds including sexual diviance. We seem to have more violent and preverted crimes than many other societies. Wouldn't you like to know why so a remedy could be researched.
    How is "wackin' one in a million" while a thousand more are being created serving anyone? Is our concern for retaliation outweighing our focus to cure the activity. If we approach gun rights this way we're doomed!

Z
  11. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

12. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I have no problem w/ the theory of the Death Penalty. Just don't wait 20 yrs after conviction to do it.
  13. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

I have no problem with that.........except that the kids will never have a normal life.

Maybe they should cut off his b--ls first and let him die that way. slow death and in pain...........kids will be in pain the rest of their life.
    eye for an eye.............
  14. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Zorro,

Can you please link us to these "studies" that are being done in this field?

It's not that I don't trust your word, it's just that I would rather see the evidence & the facts for myself.....After all, there are a lot of dummies out there willing to study anything if the money is good.
  15. ZORRO

ZORRO New Member

Just contact any reputable university in this country or pick up a copy of Pyschology Today. It's not being conducted like stem cell research. It's in plain view...has been for quite a while.
    I think it's encouraging to know we are spending some time researching and studying human behavior in this land rather than funding another project on how to build a better corn chip.

Does someone here want to step up to the plate with real intelligent suggestions toward a remedy for this social unexceptability.

While were at it. Ours and our childrens chances of being tragically effected by drunks including death are astronomically higher than being effected by the sexual wacko. We raised a child whose Mom was snuffed out without a chance at age 22 by some tough talkin' macho drunk in a fast car. Where's the sheep shears for that POS. This culture seems to just turn the other cheek on those sicko's. Wazupwidat? We are very selective in our outrage.
    We do like placing sex in a special place in our culture. ...while the real high frequency killers go free.
    Hell you can even grow up to be Pres and or vice Pres with multiply DUI's! :eek:
    Of course a lot of bad stuff happens when they're elected.

JMHO
    Z
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2006