S&W 22. pearl handle six shot

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Spot, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Spot

Spot New Member

My grandmother has this .22 S&W six shot, it is a S&W manufactured pistol and its pretty old thier is a serial number on the but of the pistol and on the cycilnder......how doe i find out when it was made and the value of this pistol? serial number 175**
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Spot, post a picture and the experts here will help you faster.
  3. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

S&W has made a lot of .22 revolvers over the years.

If your grandmother's gun has a swing-out cylinder and adjustable sights then it is likely a pre-model 34 or pre-model 17 or pre-18. All three were six-shooters.

A picture, or more detailed description, would help a lot.
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The six shot cylinder rules out the Model 1 and the Ladysmith.

Jim