S&W 22lr revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bugerads, Apr 13, 2011.

1. bugerads

bugerads New Member

What is a S&W 22lr revolver worth? It has a 4 inch barrel, serial number is 238XX and the number on the inside of the frame is 174.

Attached Files:

2. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

That's a nice postwar S&W J-frame revolver you have there. If the frame is steel it's a Model of 1953 Kit Gun (later called the Model 34) and if aluminum it is the Kit Gun Airweight (later called the Model 43).

S&W .22's are hot items right now. The steel frame gun would go for $400 - $500 around here to a shooter looking for a top quality .22 revolver. The aluminum frame gun would go for $500+ to a S&W collector.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

One of the best little .22 revolvers ever made. It is a shame to see them become collectibles if it means folks stop shooting them.

Jim
  4. bugerads

bugerads New Member

Thank you for your replies, Although I am keeping it to give to my grandson, I still take it out about twice a year and fire a few rounds then clean it and put it up.
  5. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Thats a great shooter. It will be a treasure for your grandson. But you should enjoy it in the meantime!!