S & W .32 Regulation Police Model 31-1

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by rangehobbie, Jan 1, 2011.

1. rangehobbie

rangehobbie New Member

S & W .32 Regulation Police Model 31-1, 4" barrel.

SN is blurry...H10008 and the model # is 31-1

Very good condition, no scratches, wood is in very good condition also. Pictures if I am able to down load them. I inherited this gun so just wondered what it is worth. Also is it safe to fire after being cleaned, if it hasn't been used in many years?

Thanks

Attached Files:

• 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      476.2 KB
      Views:
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      119.1 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      127.4 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg
      018.jpg
      File size:
      164.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

300 dollars, maybe a little more. Certainly it should be safe to fire. I shoot 32 Hand Ejectors from before WW1. Don't have my books with me, so can't date it for sure, but that's from sometime in the 60s. Late 60s, as I believe they took the diamonds off the grips in '67.
  3. rangehobbie

rangehobbie New Member

Thank you,

Well I know that this one needs cleaned and it has some ammo in the box with it, but it has got to be old! So I thought I would clean it and buy some new ammo for it and take it to the range with my new 380 (Bersa Thunder).

Do you think I could make any more from it if I traded it for a 9 mm vs selling it outright?
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

If you are talking about trading it in at a gun store, you will always, ALWAYS lose money doing a trade. Selling it to a gun store, you might get 150. Probably not that much. Maybe, just maybe you could get as much as 100 dollars using it for a trade-in.

Your best bet, if you want to get rid of it, is to sell it outright to some person, on a face-to-face sale or put an ad in one of the classifieds on many of the gun forums. That way you'll get the most money for it, and then buy the 9mm you're looking for.

What kinda 9 you want? I like Smith 32s. Might can we can work something.
  5. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Welcome to TFF, rangehobbie.

That is a fine S&W revolver you have there. I own four J-frame .32 revolvers. I am glad to hear you are planning on shooting yours. Too many .32's just sit in desk drawers.

Finding .32 Long ammo can be a problem. Many shooters opt to shoot .32 ACP (.32 automatic) rounds in their S&W revolvers. Rem. or Win. FMJ rounds both work great in my guns.