S&W .40 Sigma trigger mod

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by 1shot1k, Jan 14, 2009.

1. mogunner

mogunner Active Member

Don't ask them about a "trigger mod" or they will get all huffy with you and won't do a thing for you.However, if you complain that the trigger pull is gritty and 'catches' as you pull the trigger, they'll have you send it in and when it comes back to you it will be all slicked up.

One note, the newest ones have the pins "peened" in the sear assembly to make it very difficult to take it apart and clean up, probably a liability CYA by S&W.

For those low shooters, here is a shot of my 40VE with the Glock HiViz sight installed. Raises your POI about 2" at 25 yards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Rocketman1

Rocketman1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the additional info mogunner.
    I have a low shooter, but it has nothing to do with the sights, it's the hard trigger.
  3. mcw120566

mcw120566 New Member

I have two Sigmas, and have done the trigger mod on both of them, I would consider them to one of the best point and shoot guns for the mony on the market. They will shoot anything that I throw at them, and do it with consistancy.
  4. mjsnook

mjsnook New Member

I had an SW40F and I really liked the gun...except I hated the damn trigger. I wish I had found this prior to getting rid of it.
  5. bomar

bomar New Member

Same here.. my Sigma shot flawlessly and dead on! I loved it but my finger didn't. After 7 shots, I was done for the day!
  6. Rocketman1

I found this trigger kit for the Sigma at Apex Tactical and was wondering if anyone here has tried it.
    They have a video on how to install the kit which looks straight forward. I would think for $20 bucks you can't go wrong, and could always revert back to the original springs if need be.

https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid66.html

7. Rocketman1