S&W 41: What it likes to eat

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by waizen, Feb 13, 2007.

1. S&W in .38

S&W in .38 New Member

Anyone ever tried Sellier & Bellot rimfire ammo.? I tend to shoot these through my Mod. 617 with good results.
  2. Renee

Renee New Member

I know these are older posts on Model 41 ammo.
    I have read that only target ammo should be used & the 41 was made with the Remington Target ammo in the Light Blue & Green Box??.
    I shoot my High Standard with the Remington Standard ammo. After shooting their are ZERO powder particles left in the barrel. It shoots very clean.
    I have a Model 41 coming, I thought today, but I called FED-X & it will be tomorrow.
    I'll try my Remington & have other stuff on hand. I want to shoot Standard Velocity only.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  3. Renee

Renee New Member

Finally got my new-to-me model 41.
    I took it out for a test drive.
    I was surprised how well it shoots. Very smooth trigger & Action, Very tight Fit.
    I was also surprised how bad the newer Remington Standard Velocity did that I was so High On. I shout four boxes of the newer stuff & had about 25 F.T.F. The older Remington Ammo I used before, about 20 years older was flawless. This newer stuff is hit or miss.
    Next was the Golden Eagle Match, one F.T.F. Next was the CCI. Standard Velocity, Zero F.T.F. & the most accurate.
    I had a couple of Stove Pipes with the Remington. Everything else worked as it should.
    My $.02
    R.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  4. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Designed for standard velocity but will handle high velocity if you don't make a habit of it. Big thing is the tight chamber will foul quicker with lubed lead bullets so I stay with brass plated ammo. I do not buy bulk Golden Bullet but the boxes of 100 and it seems to work fine. I have a lot of varieties but this is my main ammo for this gun. [​IMG]I can shoot a lot of this before I have to clean the gun but 50 rounds of lead ammo means a stop to shooting till I get a bore brush in it and get the chamber clean again.
  5. GaryO

GaryO New Member

CCI Standard Velocity was tops in mine...
  6. jaydub

jaydub Former Guest

7. Tom

Tom Member

More recently I have been using CCI Standard Velocity. It shoots very well and has a little more impulse and cycles fine. I also occasionally shoot Green Tag, but it is more expensive.