S&W .45 cal model 1950

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by wundudnee, Dec 1, 2004.

1. wundudnee

wundudnee New Member

I just got this this fall. A private sale at my little local gun show. It is a S&W .45 cal model of 1950. It was made in 1955. It uses moon clips for .45acp. I took it to Alabama last week and got to shoot it at my son's place. This revolver is definitely going to be a keeper. We were shooting a heavy steel spinner and it really does the job. Here's a picture of it in the box, and one of the diamond grips.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

That sure is a purdy piece for it's age.
  4. punchie

punchie Member

5. Tom

Tom Member

Your new acquisition looks great. I have a Model 25-2, the model 1955. Same thing with a heavy barrel. I really like mine and I think you will like yours. Mine seems to be very accurate with nearly anything I put in it. I think you will find the same thing. Also, while at the range, there is no reason for using the moon clips. It works fine without them.
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

That looks terrific. I had a Model 15, Combat Masterpiece from the same time period.

God said, "Do not covet.", but it is so darn hard......
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Ya just cain't beat dem Smiffs N frames! Nice pistola, Dud!