1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

S&W M&P 9 C & 40 C

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by pinkerpv, Apr 12, 2008.

1. pinkerpv

pinkerpv New Member

Went to the range with my M&P 9 C and 40 C. 9 C had been having FTF with JHP rnds. Been firing FMJ. Have maybe 400 rnds thru it. Today fired 50 rnds FMJ Remington green box UMC then half a box of Hornady 147 gr JHP/XTP (which had been FTF). All worked OK. Then fired 50 rnds of Speer GoldDot 124 gr GDHP. No FTFs. Emailed S&W with FTF report last week after reading about the pbms on the forums. Asked what to do, send it back or polish fed ramp. No response yet. Feed ramp pretty smooth, however, there is a slight scratch on the right side that may have been the pbm. Anyway, the GoldDots worked great today. Will need to fire a box or two more before I'm confident.

The 40 C worked like a champ. Used my High cap mags and fired all three first time without any problems. Used UMC 180 gr SWC. Fired the two 12 rnd mags with same ammo, no pbms. Fired some reload ammo from a friend, worked great. Fired some Wolf ammo, FTF and jams. Had heard about Wolf ammo jaming and such but in firing Wolf 9mm, never had any pbms. Still have 7 boxes of Wolf. It fires great in my full size 40. Well see about the compact.

Both guns very accurate, just like the full size.
    Going to start reloading soon. Already have the equipment, so this is the last Wolf.
  2. tdyoung58

tdyoung58 New Member

I'd make sure I'd have fired 100 more rounds without a feed failure before using it as a carry.

I would polish the ramp if I saw it scratched. I like to use chrome polish and a lint free cloth by hand
  3. pinkerpv

pinkerpv New Member

Today i took my full size 40 M&P to the range and fired 3 boxes of wolf and 1 box of reloads. The wolf did pretty well except for a few failure to extract. I still have 4 boxes of wolf left to shoot up. It didn't work well in the 40 C but I thought it would be OK in then full size as I had fired wolf before. when I finish these last 4 boxes, i will start using reloads.