The Firearms Forum banner

S&W M&P 9C Rear Sights

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Possum Belly 
#1 ·
I was looking at a M&P 9C and I have a question about the rear sights. Are they adjustable? All I see is an allen wrench screw. I would appreciate your input.

#9 ·
From what I have read on adjusting for elevation on non adjustable sights is to file down the front or rear. Not that I would do that. If it is not that bad off can you learn where to hold to hit the target at a specified distance?

#12 ·
As far as the M&P9c is concerned, I took the slide to the LGS to have them installed. I'd read several posts, here and other places how to change the sights on the M&P Shield. Well, I beat the crap out of the rear sight on the Shield, and I had a hardened brass drift pin. It was damaging the pin, and the old sights looked real sad. S&W sets their sights with a hydraulic press. If you don't have a sight pusher, IMO, don't go it alone. $30 bucks and it was all good.

I'm told the M&P's are easier than the Shield, but I didn't want to damage the slide!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.