S&W M&P 9mm compact

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by TheGunClinger, Jul 4, 2010.

1. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I took my wife to the range yesterday to try out the M&P. Shoots quite nicely the few times I was allowed to hode it:( and my wife likes it as well. The problem I am having is that the slide release is extremely hard to operate. You have to reach under and pull down on both left and right releases. Is this normal for these? I am hoping that more use will loosen them up. When I got it I field stripped it and cleaned and oiled good.
    BTW wifey loves my TRP Operator. She aint getting it!
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. mcw120566

mcw120566 Member

It should loosen up for her, they are a bit stiff when they are new, but my older ones are quite easy to operate.
  3. TheGunClinger

I'll just give it some time and see if it gets any better. I have to use two fingers as well one on either side.
  4. jb1023

jb1023 New Member

Mine was stiff when I first got it but certainly not that stiff. Love my 9c.

Want McDaniels back, cause we don't want him anymore.

You should always assume, as my wife does, that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  5. TheGunClinger

I have been repeatedly racking and releasing the slide but it is still as stiff and hard as when I first got it. I am thinking that it might have "Priapism" Maybe I should consult a Dr.?:eek::eek: