1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

S&W M&P 9mm compact

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by TheGunClinger, Jul 4, 2010.

1. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I took my wife to the range yesterday to try out the M&P. Shoots quite nicely the few times I was allowed to hode it:( and my wife likes it as well. The problem I am having is that the slide release is extremely hard to operate. You have to reach under and pull down on both left and right releases. Is this normal for these? I am hoping that more use will loosen them up. When I got it I field stripped it and cleaned and oiled good.
    BTW wifey loves my TRP Operator. She aint getting it!
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. mcw120566

mcw120566 Member

It should loosen up for her, they are a bit stiff when they are new, but my older ones are quite easy to operate.
  3. TheGunClinger

I'll just give it some time and see if it gets any better. I have to use two fingers as well one on either side.
  4. jb1023

jb1023 New Member

Mine was stiff when I first got it but certainly not that stiff. Love my 9c.

Want McDaniels back, cause we don't want him anymore.

You should always assume, as my wife does, that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  5. TheGunClinger

I have been repeatedly racking and releasing the slide but it is still as stiff and hard as when I first got it. I am thinking that it might have "Priapism" Maybe I should consult a Dr.?:eek::eek: