S&W M&P40

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by bob1010, Mar 31, 2010.

1. bob1010

bob1010 New Member

I just bought a M&P40. I have not yet had a chance to take it to the range but can't wait. It has a great feel and the sight picture is so easy to get holding it. The grips feel great. Everything looks to be of very high quality but you should expect it from a Smith & Wesson. Of course I got the 40S&W caliber. Better performance over the 9mms and who can argue with 15+1 of 180 grain .40 caliber JHPs coming at you???

Like I said, I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Who has and how did you like it??
  2. E-Rez

E-Rez New Member

I'm looking into getting one 'cause I like the ambidextous slide catch and mag release on it. Plan on having the girly friend keep it on her side of the bed (she's a lefty).
  3. mcw120566

mcw120566 Member

Bob,
    I just purchased my third M&P, I have a full size .40 and just bought a 40c to carry. I cant say enough good about them!!! Im quite sure you will be more than happy. Im off to the range this weekend to try out the new compact.

Enclosed is a photo of my latest addition to our family!

Attached Files:

4. bob1010

bob1010 New Member

Yes I have really liked mine. Can't hardly beat a good S&W :)
  5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Not a huge fan of poly frames here but I have to agree with you all, M&P's are great shooters. In my opinion much more preferable than either Glock or Springfield Armory. I owned an M&P 45c that I sold in order to buy a high capacity 1911 but it was hard to let it go. I may own an M&P yet again.
  6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Good running gun. Never see problems with them.
  7. jerry52

jerry52 Former Guest

My wife has Smith &Wesson M&P 40C picked it out her self and loves it.
    At 4 ft 11 in she runs it like a pro. She was shooting between 2 deputy's when I was at the range and they were amazed at her groups. Man I love that woman!
    I think it has the best trigger in the industry . Just a little better than my XDM 40 and my Glock 27.
    Good luck with it
  8. bob1010

bob1010 New Member

I am just surprised that they haven't been adopted by more agencies around the country. I know agencies in my area are still using Sigs and Glocks.
  9. Pier23

Pier23 Member

Don't know about Sig, but cop shops get VERY good deals on Glocks simply for the advertising. It was estimated by Barrett that Glocks cost $80-$90 to produce, so Gaston can cut some nice deals and still turn a profit.

I would be surprised if SW can cut the same deals.
  10. bob1010

bob1010 New Member

$80-90? That seems like that wouldn't be right. Less than $100 to make and sells them for $500+. That's a very good deal for somebody. I am sure PD discounts are better than what civi's can get them. Sigs are almost twice as much but they are still popular. Local PD here carry the Sig228 and the SD carry G22.