1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

S&W M1917

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Terry G, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Terry G

Terry G Member

It's a Brazilian re-import, all original except for the grips which I replaced. (I still have the originals) It has about 80% original bluing. It's mechanically sound and shoots accurately at 25 yards using Winchester white box .45 ACP.The cylinder stop is slightly worn but I am refrainig from doing even this small work since I'm afraid it will reduce it's value. What is it's value? Thank you for any help.

Attached Files:

2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

From the pics it is hard to tell the condition, but the cylinder looks worn, so I agree with you on the 80% range. If the gun has the import marking (most do) around $800, based on condition; in better shape it would go almost double that. If it doesn't have the import marking, around $1500, again double if in better shape.

Jim