1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

S&W Mod 325PD

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 45Smashemflat, Jul 5, 2005.

1. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Anyone messed with one of these yet? I picked one up in a local shop and played around with it. Stickered at $619. Real lightweight - probably a handfull with 230gr hardball. Just curious if anyone has any experince with one. I like my Ti 38SPL and my 1911's - I was thinking a 45ACP wheelgun might be a nice addition. I don't like that I have to get one with a lock built into it.
  2. mspears

mspears New Member

I don't have one, but I'm thinking about it. Looks like a super carry piece. Does it use moon clips? If it does, that will probably sway me into getting one. CorBon 185 grain .45 +P DPX has been tested in 10% gelatin and supposedly expands well out of this gun, but I wonder what the recoil is like since the handgun is so light. Let us know.
  3. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

As best I can tell its a moon clip gun - but it does have a "chamber" like a 1911 so it looks like a 45ACP round will headspace, but not necessarily extract without the moon clip.

Sorry for the misleading post - I literaly "picked it up" to test weight - I have not bought it....yet. I'm thinking of a trade. There is a show coming up in the next week or two, probably wait until then to see what kind of business I can do on my old Savage-Fox 12ga SxS.