S&W Mod 325PD

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by 45Smashemflat, Jul 5, 2005.

1. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Anyone messed with one of these yet? I picked one up in a local shop and played around with it. Stickered at $619. Real lightweight - probably a handfull with 230gr hardball. Just curious if anyone has any experince with one. I like my Ti 38SPL and my 1911's - I was thinking a 45ACP wheelgun might be a nice addition. I don't like that I have to get one with a lock built into it.
  2. mspears

mspears New Member

I don't have one, but I'm thinking about it. Looks like a super carry piece. Does it use moon clips? If it does, that will probably sway me into getting one. CorBon 185 grain .45 +P DPX has been tested in 10% gelatin and supposedly expands well out of this gun, but I wonder what the recoil is like since the handgun is so light. Let us know.
  3. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

As best I can tell its a moon clip gun - but it does have a "chamber" like a 1911 so it looks like a 45ACP round will headspace, but not necessarily extract without the moon clip.

Sorry for the misleading post - I literaly "picked it up" to test weight - I have not bought it....yet. I'm thinking of a trade. There is a show coming up in the next week or two, probably wait until then to see what kind of business I can do on my old Savage-Fox 12ga SxS.