S&W model 12-2

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mesinge2, Jul 17, 2011.

1. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

I just picked up a S&W model 12-2 airweight with a nickel finish. It came with the original grips, original box (SN matches), manual, bore brush, unfilled out warranty card, heck it even has advertisements for S&W knives and ammo. I looks brand spankin' new.

I only bought it because it was so cheap, what do you think I could sell it for?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Mesinge2
    Well, here we go to the 32nd (2011) Ed. of "THE BLUE BOOK..." (since I have it right handy today) -
    The Model 12 (.38 M&P AIRWEIGHT) was similar to the Model 10 except it had an alloy frame; had a 2" or 4" barrel and was discontinued in 1986.
    RETAIL valuations quoted therein:
    100%/NIB $500 This is where, I believe your gun fits - unless you can convince me otherwise. If it has any handling marks and even a faint drag line it would rate at least 98% - $400.
    Note that there is a $40 premium for Nickel finish. 4 engineering changes (dash number) are noted.