S&W Model 18

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by inplanotx, Sep 21, 2004.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Okay, have a chance to buy one with a 6" barrel, looks like new and all original blue. Screws do not show a reblue and are sharp. Guy want $225 for it. What y'all think?
  2. Admin

Admin Active Member Staff Member

If you don't take it, I know someone who will, IPT;)

Grab it and run!
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Ran with it last night. Will post a pic when I can. It had 36 rounds through it. He gave me the rest of the box. I'm happy. Love my Smithies!
  4. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Let's check that model number again, should be a Model 17. Anyway, that's a fine price!
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Well, am I the idiot or what. The guy told me 18 and never checked the numbers, although I did open the crane (nearly blind close up). Can't get one past you, CG. It is a model 17-7 with 6" barrel TT. TH. full underlug barrel with ribbed top and partridge front site that is pinned. He also saw me come home and walked over with a piece of paper from the S&W performance center where he had them do a trigger job on it. This thing has a "wish trigger" on it. Point gun down range without touching trigger. Place finger very lightly on trigger. When the target gets into the crotch of the figure "eight", wish it to go off and it does. This thing has to be under three pounds. I do not have a scale, but I would put it at 2.5 pounds max! What a fine piece of S&W workmanship! Finally got lucky! :) :) :) :) :) :)
  6. wundudnee

wundudnee New Member

I'm so happy for you, I think I'm about to cry. ;)

$225.00................Egads man, don't you feel guilty? :eek:

We need pictures.
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

wundudnee,
    No, Bob and I have been through this before. Sometimes he lets me win and sometimes I let him win. He who drools the longest, wins. This is some piece though. He'll get me next time. :D :D :D :D :D

Have to get the pics this weekend!