S&W Model 27- She's a Keeper!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by august1410, Jan 30, 2012.

1. august1410

august1410 New Member

A buddy and me took our daughters out to the range yesterday evening for a little fun. Jeff had just gotten a Mosin and wanted to shoot it, and I had picked up a box of .357 Magnum to put through my Model 27.

We had exhausted our paper targets and went down range to see what we could find to plink. We found a plastic spray can cap & some pieces of clays (about one quarter to one half the size of an unbroken clay) and we set them up on a piece of wood. We went back about 75 yards and Jeff sighted in his Mosin.

He nailed the plastic can cap.

I thumbed back the hammer of the Model 27 and let one fly. Much to my surprise, I obliterated the clay piece on the far left.

"Betcha can't do that twice." Jeff said.

I did it again, this time with the middle piece.

"Well, then."

And then I hit the third one.

Yeah, she's a keeper.:thumbsup:
  2. pickenup

pickenup New Member

Did your daughters shoot?
  3. langenc

langenc New Member

No, they were too busy shooting to let her. Next time they want her to go to the range she will say NO and they will wonder why.

Buy a Ruger Mark III for her to shoot and she will love it. She dont need a 357.
  4. august1410

august1410 New Member

The girls shot just fine with the .357. My daughter is an accomplished shooter who does not need a .22. She has two of them already as well as two shotguns.

Please don't make assumptions about me or my daughter. I'll bet she could out shoot you.