S&W Model 327

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Gun Geezer, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I've decided my next gun purchase will be a #170245, Model 327, Performance Center, 2" barrel, .357 mag., 8 rnd. revolver. The problem is, I can't seem to locate one for sale. All my local gun shops say they are out of stock. My dilemma is that the S&W web site doesn't even show that model in any product category so I wonder if it's been discontinued. None of the revolvers in the Night Guard series are shown with a 2" barrel or cocobollo grips. One shop is willing to order one with a substantial deposit but would not say when I could expect it to come. Does any one know if S&W still makes this gun or if any one has one for sale? I suppose I could just get the Night Guard with the 2-1/2" barrel but it seems to me it was longer and heavier than the 2" barrel version of the same name. I'm kind of confused.
  2. pythonshooter

pythonshooter New Member

I have a 2 1/2" 327 Night Guard, and I like it just fine. I use along with a "belly band" type holster, pushed up to under my left arm like a shoulder holster, and it works pretty well for me when I want to use something with more punch and firepower than my usual .38 revolver.

I'm fairly large (6'3", 210 lbs.) so this combination conceals better than you might think. I'm not sure how well it would conceal on a smaller framed person.

I don't know that the extra 1/2" would make too much of a difference.

Hope this is of some use to you.
  3. EL TORO

EL TORO New Member

I ran into a guy at the range the other day that had just got a new one at a dealer in Tenn.