S&W Model 41 with Bushnell Scope

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by jstanfield103, Nov 15, 2011.

1. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 New Member

As many of you now I started a thread that was called Worst Ammo Ever. I was having trouble grouping my rounds with CCI SV. After listening to everyone here and on other sights, I realized it had to be the Red Dot scope othat I just put on. I could never get it to hold "0". I sent it to the factory for repair and ordered a Bushnell Elite handgun scope. I really like this scope, the only problem is the eye relief is 20" exactly. I have shorter arms so I really have to keep my arms as striaght almost as I can get them. But here is a picture of the gun scoped with it and a target at 25 yards, I was using Federal Bulk Ammo from Wally Wourld. I can't wait to try the CCI SV again and see what it does. Now I have to steady my self a little more. I was also using a bench rest that I made. The 6 power you see every little move meant. That Target is 3.75" across, need some more practice, I will only get better. I hope.

[​IMG]
    By jstanfield at 2011-11-15

[​IMG]
    By jstanfield at 2011-11-15
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Glad you found the problem. That is a gorgeous pistol and good shooting. I think you will be amazed what some quality ammo will do to the group size but that ain't to bad as it is. I would be tickled to shoot that well.
  3. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 New Member

4. Jaxshooter

Jaxshooter New Member

The Model 41 is designed to use only standard velocity ammo. A steady diet of high velocity rounds will ruin it. Stick with CCI Std Velocity or some other pistol specific standard velocity ammo and the gun will outlast you.