S&W performance Center 945

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Ol1911
    (9/25/02 10:45:09 am)
    Reply S&W Performance Center 945
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone have any comments on this model? I just aquired a used one. Its got the 3.75" barrel. I think this would be the light weight model. I have a feeling its pretty old (2000) and it looks like its been used a lot. The slide is blue and the bluing has faded from holster wear. I beleive a detective carried this before. Anyway the person put in a Infinity SV trigger (the one where you can switch them out) which I thought was an odd choice... it did not come with a case or parts for the trigger system. So.... any comments or advice would be appreciated.

I would like a gunsmith to look this over but... thanks.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (9/26/02 4:46:54 am)
    Reply Re: S&W Performance Center 945
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The trigger system parts are available from Brownell's.

Ol1911
    (9/26/02 12:09:15 pm)
    Reply thanks
    I just went to the range to do a test. I'm shocked as it is dead on where it should go. I am guessing that this model is at least 2yrs old. I am being told there were only 150 made of this style (3.75"/front fish scales/blued and stainless/aluminum slide). But I dont know how true that is until S&W reply to my email. I know they have a 945 with even a shorter barrel (3.25") that I see in stores but this one doesn't look like the one I just aquired. The trigger system I was told was done by the PC dept. It measured at 4#.

Anyway anyone else have any other info please post.

b9904
    (10/7/02 7:44:28 am)
    Reply Re: thanks
    hello,

may i ask what is the email address of smith and wesson? i would like to ask them about sumting.

thanks

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/7/02 8:37:33 am)
    Reply Re: thanks
    Customer service is at: qa@smith-wesson.com

Phone is: 1-800-331-0852

Fax is: 1-413-747-3317