1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

S&W performance Center 945

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Ol1911
    (9/25/02 10:45:09 am)
    Reply S&W Performance Center 945
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyone have any comments on this model? I just aquired a used one. Its got the 3.75" barrel. I think this would be the light weight model. I have a feeling its pretty old (2000) and it looks like its been used a lot. The slide is blue and the bluing has faded from holster wear. I beleive a detective carried this before. Anyway the person put in a Infinity SV trigger (the one where you can switch them out) which I thought was an odd choice... it did not come with a case or parts for the trigger system. So.... any comments or advice would be appreciated.

I would like a gunsmith to look this over but... thanks.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (9/26/02 4:46:54 am)
    Reply Re: S&W Performance Center 945
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The trigger system parts are available from Brownell's.

Ol1911
    (9/26/02 12:09:15 pm)
    Reply thanks
    I just went to the range to do a test. I'm shocked as it is dead on where it should go. I am guessing that this model is at least 2yrs old. I am being told there were only 150 made of this style (3.75"/front fish scales/blued and stainless/aluminum slide). But I dont know how true that is until S&W reply to my email. I know they have a 945 with even a shorter barrel (3.25") that I see in stores but this one doesn't look like the one I just aquired. The trigger system I was told was done by the PC dept. It measured at 4#.

Anyway anyone else have any other info please post.

b9904
    (10/7/02 7:44:28 am)
    Reply Re: thanks
    hello,

may i ask what is the email address of smith and wesson? i would like to ask them about sumting.

thanks

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/7/02 8:37:33 am)
    Reply Re: thanks
    Customer service is at: qa@smith-wesson.com

Phone is: 1-800-331-0852

Fax is: 1-413-747-3317