1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

S&W Single Shot .22LR Pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Steelerfan55, May 30, 2004.

1. Steelerfan55

Steelerfan55 New Member

My wifes grandfather has a Smith and Wesson .22 pistol. It's a single shot, and it opens lifting the rear sight. It has what look to be plastic grips, and it looks to be built on a revolver frame, minus the cylinder. The top stamp says modelof91 (no, I didn't forget the spaces, that's how it's stamped). What can you experts tell me about this. I really don't want to pay S&W $30 for an in depth analysis of this gun.

Attached Files:

• scan.jpg
      scan.jpg
      File size:
      810.6 KB
      Views:
  2. punchie

punchie Member

Looks like a 2nd Model Single Shot. 4617 made between 1905-1909. Good photo by the way. Don't see a lot of them around in what appeas to be this good of shape. My guesstimate on value would be in the 575-625 range. Great piece of family history, should be duly honored IMHO.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Good call, Punchie.
  4. sluggermn

sluggermn New Member

im no expert but is that a bulge about an inch foward of the stamping?? or was that part of how it is made?
  5. Steelerfan55

Steelerfan55 New Member

There does appear to be a bulge in front of the stamping. I apologize for the hugeness of the photo. I'm still learning how to use my scanner.