S&W Single Shot .22LR Pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Steelerfan55, May 30, 2004.

1. Steelerfan55

Steelerfan55 New Member

My wifes grandfather has a Smith and Wesson .22 pistol. It's a single shot, and it opens lifting the rear sight. It has what look to be plastic grips, and it looks to be built on a revolver frame, minus the cylinder. The top stamp says modelof91 (no, I didn't forget the spaces, that's how it's stamped). What can you experts tell me about this. I really don't want to pay S&W $30 for an in depth analysis of this gun.

Attached Files:

• scan.jpg
      scan.jpg
      File size:
      810.6 KB
      Views:
  2. punchie

punchie Member

Looks like a 2nd Model Single Shot. 4617 made between 1905-1909. Good photo by the way. Don't see a lot of them around in what appeas to be this good of shape. My guesstimate on value would be in the 575-625 range. Great piece of family history, should be duly honored IMHO.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Good call, Punchie.
  4. sluggermn

sluggermn New Member

im no expert but is that a bulge about an inch foward of the stamping?? or was that part of how it is made?
  5. Steelerfan55

Steelerfan55 New Member

There does appear to be a bulge in front of the stamping. I apologize for the hugeness of the photo. I'm still learning how to use my scanner.