S & W slow customer service

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by army mp, Feb 26, 2010.

1. army mp

army mp New Member

A little over 3 months ago I bought some used pistols. The one being a S & W. The instruction Booklet was missing. No big deal but I like having them for all my Guns. So as most know. You can down load them on line or call. I called. They said they would mail it (Right Out ) . well I had forgotten all about it. Yesterday I went to the Mail box. And there it was. If three months is right away. I would hate to see what a back order is to them. At least I got it. But with all the shortages and back order BS we have been putting up with. You would think they would. Be a little better on the stuff they have control over.
  2. pinecone70

pinecone70 New Member

I think they are sorely lacking in all areas, they don't even have trained gunsmiths on staff to work on their firearms.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Yep, you think getting the manual was bad, try sending a gun to them. As Pinecone said, they no longer have smiths on staff, just parts swappers. You can't part swap a revolver effectively. My Uncle learned the hard way. 6 months for a end shake problem and still a problem when it was returned. They replaced the yoke but didn't do any of the procedures for fitting it properly. End shake was gone but now the headspace was off and the yoke would stick when opened. They sure are lucky they have the name b/c otherwise they would be out of business with they way they are now.
  4. bondo

bondo New Member

I sent my Signa in for trigger job, it was BACK in FIVE DAYS Looks like your order was not a priority
  5. the yooper

the yooper New Member

i had to send in my IBOLT they took it back and sent me a check no hassel. all went down in a week. no prob hear .:( i realy liked that gun . felt good shot good when it went off!!!!:mad:
  6. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i've had the same thing happen with smith and ruger for manuals. but i've had smith turn the barrel of my 642 to adjust the poi a tad and it was back within a week
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I tried to get a manual from S&W for a Model 1000 shotgun. They didn't have it available online, so I e-mailed to request it. Got the response that they were "sending it out today." It arrived just a little over 4 months later. I don't know what class of mail that is, but it was impressively slow.
  8. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

they dont call it snail mail for nothin i reckon